Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can someone please help?

• 26-08-2004 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

I seem to be addicted to solitaire on the pc! Does anyone else find any time they turn on the computer they do nothing but play solitaire?

I tried weening myself off it and on to spider solitaire (its like methadone) but i just relapsed.

Someone should engineer together a solitaire patch or solitaire gum...

Then again I could just be babbling....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

I had a similar experience with Freecell, but with the help of my life coach and the support of of my friends and family, I've been Freecell-free for 290 days. You can get through this one day at a time! In the meantime, ever try After Dark games version of solitare or Moo shoo? Fun stuff.... I'm being an enabler aren't I? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

SteveD -
    I think your in a crazy hyper mood tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Why so? cos i havent posted in weeks and now theres just loads comin at once. Well thats how i work baby! It takes a while to get the engine warmed up but once it does the juices are flowin....

plus the most boring day in work ever where there was no customers to be rude to has caused me to have a surplus of sarcasm to be let off in one big go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

You find some people have addictive personalities and will get addicted quite easily to what most people would describe as only mildly interesting activities.

I'd advise you to steer clear of snake on some of the older Nokia mobiles, even small doses of Ritalin, and autoerotic asphyxiation.

For temporary relief, go to 'Add/Remove Programs' -> 'Remove Windows components' and remove the games component. You'll probably only reinstall it after you have visions of infants crawling on your bedroom ceiling.

impr0v wrote:
    You'll probably only reinstall it after you have visions of infants crawling on your bedroom ceiling.

Yeh and the kids will have orange backs and little green frogs on them like the cards in solitaire!

• Advertisement

My addiction on this is clicking the Send/Recv Button in Outlook

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh yeh i got that on the check mail button on my email too. Ya never know who could have sent some VERY important mail since you checked it 25 seconds ago ;)

Yep ;) just like them "Reply to post 'Can someone please help?'" mails

Yeh i think ive worn out my refresh button ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

heh heh, this is a good thread, what else is everyone addicted to? like to do with food and anything else? in the food department I CAN NOT stop buying garlic mushrooms, i seem to be eating them everyday. and the thing is i dont even like mushrooms.also seems to happen with raisins.......oh jeez and i think im getting addicted to dr.phil, its on late every night and i just cant stop watching this fecking crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Solitaire is boring. Free Cell is a far better game. I have been known to go through periods of playing it a lot. You'll never play Solitaire again once you do! :)

the sims is the game that hooked me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

heh heh, this is a good thread, what else is everyone addicted to? like to do with food and anything else?

I seem to be developing a very serious addiction to wasabi, especially those japanese wasabi peas. How do they get peas to be crunchy anyways?

speaking of things that are on tv late night i cant stop watching that guy with the slicer thing where he just slices up loads and loads of vegetables.

I want one of those Miracle Spiral Cutters... I guess id get addicted to spiral cucumbers or something though

yeah, you think like that if you get one of those things you will turn onto a health freak but i'd say id get bored of them in a day...anyway cucumbers make me feel sick, if i eat them the smell of the inner flesh make me gag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

oh jeez and i think im getting addicted to dr.phil, its on late every night and i just cant stop watching this fecking crap!

Ugh, I'm watching Dr.Phil now. Such utter shíte, but other peoples problems seem amusing somehow. The man himself can be quite amusing himself sometimes too..........Oh god I'm rationalising myself watching Dr.Phil. Shoot me now

heh heh see the one about the woman who was addicted to doritoes?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you'd be right ****ed if you ever discovered pretty good sol!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

heh heh see the one about the woman who was addicted to doritoes?? :D

YES!!!! Didn't Phil sign a bag so that she couldn't eat them? Probably get a few quid on ebay for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

Oh baby, the Sims . . . If I'm sick out come the Sims, better before I've killed off my love-child. HEH HEH!!!

Not quite so heavy duty is minsweeper . . . oh baby!!! My advice to those wishing to give up adictions to crappy games? Perfectly simple, don't bother. It's real cool :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I find that solitaire was as addicitive as hell when I downloaded it onto my mobile. found another ggme to replace it tough, and now i'm a survivor of cancer by solitaire

Advertisement