Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand-up Seinfeld

• 27-08-2004 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hate to rub it in, but I'm off to see Jerry Seinfeld live Friday evening.

Looking forward to it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Lucky you, where is he playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Just an update on seeing JS live - he was fantastic!

He was on stage for just over an hour, had everyone in stitches. I won't bother trotting out any of his stuff as I couldn't possibly do it justice. The one joke I will try to repeat had to do with terrorism - he described his favourite kind of suicide bomber as being the one that blows themselves up without hurting anyone else - sort of a Jihad E Coyote. Classic.

He came out for some Q&A with the audience as an encore. Some highlights from that:

- Jerry said he won't be appearing on CYE. As he put it "I'm not going to do much TV anymore - I'm too old, too tired and too rich" :)
    - A Seinfeld reunion is a definite possibility, once all four careers have completely flopped :)
    - Said some good stuff about the Seinfeld DVDs, encouraged everyone to buy multiple copies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

cerebus wrote:
    - Said some good stuff about the Seinfeld DVDs, encouraged everyone to buy multiple copies :)

Didn't say anything about the region 2 releases, and the possibility of us getting the gift set did he? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

what part of America was he playing in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Sorry, I forgot to say it was Vancouver (Canada)...

• Advertisement
Advertisement