Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened this morning?

Options
  • 27-08-2004 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Boards was inaccessible until a few minutes ago with some message about a proxy? 0_o
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

6 hours went missing there from 3.29 till 9.44. I'd say it was aliens up their no good butt-diddling shenanigans again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I was getting a no page found thingey...

Thought boards had gone forever after doing its job making our lives better, like some kind of Jesus, or ET.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I figured something like that might happen after DeV's announcement...I was up all night with no boards...the horror....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

heheh, nothing to fear. Regi is working on a mad plan we have hatched. Its mad, Ted.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Lord God, please grant me the strength to kill mysql.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Regi wrote:
    Lord God, please grant me the strength to kill mysql.

well
    you have my permission Regi!
    Yesterday morning we changed over to the server of the american company who just bought the company I work for. I thought they had blocked my access to boards!
    I nearly had a full on heart attack :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Christ! Boards has more pregnant pauses that the greatest works of Harold Pinter! Whats going on?

Mike.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Well ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It is still very slow. I was posting not long ago and it took ages. I flew in this time, but obviously things are not right. Hopefully that is the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Honestly until we get the new servers I think we are going to suffer these intermittent pauses. I'm going to have to see what we can do about getting the servers in asap. Until then Regi is working on a backup plan involving our testing server.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus what a pack of whiney bitches. They told you all two weeks ago until the new equipment was going to be sorted there would be "issues". Get back to work !!!

(just grumpy cause we had the whole "internet being used for non work purposes" talk the other day so I can now only check boards at lunch while I am in work !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

gandalf wrote:
    Jaysus what a pack of whiney bitches. They told you all two weeks ago until the new equipment was going to be sorted there would be "issues". Get back to work !!!

(just grumpy cause we had the whole "internet being used for non work purposes" talk the other day so I can now only check boards at lunch while I am in work !!)
    "If i cant have it no one can!! AHAHAHAH!" is it gandalf? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

/me sighs at least when you lot get access to it you dont have limited access and have to create 5 new subdomains every 2nd day with no-ip just to get access. Bloody workers and students ye have it soft I say!

Oh
    To the tune of Dry your eyes mate
    Dry your eyes regi
    I know it’s hard to take but mysql's mind has been made up
    There’s plenty more database systems in the sea
    Dry your eyes regi
    I know you want to make mysql see how much this pain hurts
    But you’ve got to walk away now
    It’s Hung

Advertisement