Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver and coldfusion help! please help!

Options
  • 27-08-2004 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need help! I am only new to using Coldfusion and Dreamweaver and still can't get to grips with it!

Is there any good websites apart from the macromedia website I can get some help with coldfusion and dreamweaver?

I want to output and refer to a session variable I have created. The session variable is for a login name and password. i wanna store them so i can refer to them elsewhere on the website. can anyone help me with the specific code to output "Joe Bloggs (for example) you have signed in".

I created the session variable on the sign in page
    is this right> <CFSET session.login = form.logInName>

then on the next page - the sign in success page i want to say "Thank you ____ for signing in"

so far the code i typed was:

Thank you! <form><input type="text" disabled value="sessionvar.logInName"></form>have successfully signed in. You may now browse the website and download files.

Any help at all would be really appreciated!

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement