Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT trial

Options
  • 27-08-2004 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Right ive a few q's

Im just after moving into maynooth area - Is the beaufield estate broadband enabled???

We have a phone and a line which makes a dial tone but you cant ring out - i think its disconnected. I ve tried ringing eircom 1800400000 but cant get through - any other ways of getting reconnected. How much does this cost and what is the monthly rental etc. I want to make as little calls as possible

Now about the esat BB trial - i cant sign up until iget my phone no so im waiting on eircom but how long does it normally take to get installed?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Depends on the set up you have.

If it is just a normal house, your landlord might have set up your phone so it can only make free phone and emergency telephone calls.

If you are in a student village or apartment complex the phone system might be an internal system, in which case they can pretty much do what every they want with it. For example my telephone can call internally any apartment at no charge, but I can only make out going calls by pressing 9.

Best thing to do is to ask your landlord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭NocturnalDonkey

Dial 1901 to get through to Eircom.

If the phone was activated in the last 2 years, it will cost 30 euro or so, to have it reconnected. If it hasn't been activate in the last 2 years, it will cost you about 130 euro.

It will take Eircom about 3 weeks to send out your 1st statement, which will contain your account number (they won't give you that over the phone) and then you will be able to apply for Esat BB. Which will take 3 to 4 weeks to be installed.

Advertisement