Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolsearch.biz

Options
  • 27-08-2004 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has been infected with this hijacker which directs you to a site called coolsearch.biz.

There was a variant of this which took you to coolwebsearch.com, but a guy called Merijn brought out a tool called Coolwebshredder that got rid of it.

I've done some trawling around and there dones't seem to be any fix for this nasty coolsearch.biz thingy. Anyone come across a removal tool that works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Give spybot a whirl, I think I remember seeing coolsearch as one of the things it searchs for and removes. Use the update on it or download the detection updates, the installer for it doesn't have a current detection list.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Duh, thanks, I would never have thought of that.

If you'd actually bothered to read my post before going off into an ononatory tizzy of nerdling 'newbz' baiting you'd realise that coolwebsearch removal tools do nothing to remove Coolsearch.biz.

Still looking for a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This any good to you? Ignore the "use Norton" bits and just go to the manual registry bit at the end.

Usual disclaimers about a fearsome combination of registry editing and not knowing what you're doing resulting in a screwed up machine apply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I'll try it later, and disclaimer noted. But his system is already pretty borked so I don't know how much worse it can get...

thanks for the link

Advertisement