Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Dvds

• 27-08-2004 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hey not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes.....was searching the web for cheap dvds and came across this site
    http://www.dvdhitshop.com/store/ .

Just wanted to know if anyone has every used them to order stuff. If so are they legal copies and whats the delivery like to Ireland.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I never ordered from them but I'm pretty sure they are not legal. Some of the offerings have not even been released (in any region) yet. Something else which would put me off are the customer comments about the quality of some of the DVD's they purchased — not good :rolleyes:
    http://www.dvdhitshop.com/devstore/reviews.php?page=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

No DVD cases just plastic sleeves, very odd.
    If it is a pirate outfit they are very expensive, usually they sell stuff for $2-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

It reminds me of another site but I can't remember the URL. I think it was something like threedollardvds.com Anyway, they also didn't send cases. Some movies here were available months before R1 release, so definitely something fishy going on.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, a mate ordered stuff from 3dollar, and they were definitely pirate. They looked original except with spelling errors, and all discs being 4.7GB (not dual layer). I think people on boards mentioned some orders being stopped by Irish Customs so it would be a risky purchase.

Advertisement