Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England?

Options
  • 27-08-2004 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Finished up a cert last May got a decent overall grade. Had applied to transfer to lots of places got accepted to all of them. Originally I was looking to go to DCU but have since become seriously frustrated with their admissions & course representatives. They seem either A) Extremely lazy, B) Incompetent or perhaps both.

No I'm not being fussy, they have had 8 weeks to get back to me with some questions which I had phoned up to enquire about every week.

So I've decided to take an offer in the UK. However finances will step in here I'm sure. So is anyone aware of any grants / loans that I would be eligible for? Or who to contact? The finance office at the university is closed at the moment (Opens Monday) so can't ask them much. If I go there I start Monday week so I wasn't left with much time to arrange everything.

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/

They sent me an application form in the post a while after accepting a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You may also find info here

http://www.nusonline.co.uk/default.php

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement