Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD player for Honda Jazz

Options
  • 27-08-2004 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I want to buy a CD player for a 2002 Honda Jazz. The main Honda dealers are charging about €830 for a single slot unit! They say that apart from the CD player, you have to buy an Audio Fit Kit. I have been on to a crowd in England who said they'd sell me the CD player for £150 + £10 delivery. They say that the cd player just connects directly into the standard head unit. Can any one shed a light on this or has anyone fitted a CD player to a Jazz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Hello,

Sounds like the dealer is trying to sell you a replacment head unit. This is expensive as the newer Honda players are coded for the car that they are installed into (i.e. won't work in another car without programming them). So if you get the additional unit, you keep the tape deck and simply attach the CD player. It appears as the AUX unit on the CD head. Not too difficult to fit, but requires a bit of patience.

JayoK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

why not buy a CD changer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I thought they were trying to do me alright. I don't actually have the car yet, but I know there's an auxillary button so that should work. Thanks for the advice jayok

Advertisement