Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw 530d E39

Options
  • 27-08-2004 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Looking for an M5/Mtec front bumper for a 99 530D. Its Met Blue but the colour doesnt matter. Any of the E39 mtec models will do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

But its a diesel man!

Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Mike, it is a BMW diesel & therefore a powerful car!
    The M57 engine in the E39 has a lovely 32V V8 engine & produces 184 bhp & a top speed of 225km/h. It was also the world’s first six-cylinder diesel engine fitted with Common Rail injection technology.
    read http://www.bmw.co.za/Products/Diesel/Technology.htm

Sure its a great engine, no question. But it would be like me sticking a DTM
    spoiler on my 190e, yes it might look good but I'd be lying. Its a bog-standard 2.0 and I'm proud of it! If I were pablo21 I'd be happy to have a 530d and not tart it up.

Just my 2c

Mike.

point taken. However, Im going to 'tart' my 523i up with an AC Schnitzer kit soon. Really does look the biz without being ott.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote:
    It was also the world’s first six-cylinder diesel engine fitted with Common Rail injection technology

Indeed it was. The current VAG diesels are pretty good as well but the world leaders in diesel are still FIAT (lower end) and BMW (higher end). Honda has only just released it's first ever diesel for the Accord and it might prove to be a worthy contender somewhere in the middle...
    kbannon wrote:
    Im going to 'tart' my 523i up with an AC Schnitzer kit soon. Really does look the biz without being ott.

Let us know when that's done - pics please :)

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    But its a diesel man

Mike, I'm pretty confident you're only stirring sh1t with that remark ;)

If not, you should be re-educated pronto

Unk, I have no problems with diesel, I've owned a couple of oil burners and driven company vehicles about 500,000 miles going back to when diesel meant slow and dirty often. I really like the power band of high compression engines pity petrol power (minus turbo) so guttless in the mid range.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

FYI Mike, My 530d makes 230bhp and 600 NM of torque. Thats more bhp than a cosworth and more torque than two cosworths or one and 1/2 M5's (4litre V8). So how does that grab ya?
    All that while delivering 40 to 50 mpg and a resale value that cannot be matched!

I had a 320 coupe before this and I'm saving €6000 a year by changing to the 530d and its more powerful to boot!

So does anyone know where I can get an MTEC bumper?

• Advertisement

Has any of you heard of a place in longford that does these kits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

kbannon wrote:
    Mike, it is a BMW diesel & therefore a powerful car!
    The M57 engine in the E39 has a lovely 32V V8 engine & produces 184 bhp & a top speed of 225km/h. It was also the world’s first six-cylinder diesel engine fitted with Common Rail injection technology.
    read http://www.bmw.co.za/Products/Diesel/Technology.htm

Hmmm...are you sure that it isn't a 24V Straight 6?

I think when I was typing I was basing my source on http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/enumber.html, but you are correct - it is a straight 6

kbannon wrote:
    I think when I was typing I was basing my source on http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/enumber.html, but you are correct - it is a straight 6

Nah, you were day dreaming about mine ;)

Isnt the new 740d supposed to be a 4 litre v8 twin turbo diesel? God that would be so much torque....droool... overload.,...

Even the one in the old model wasn't bad, 560NM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

anyone see the review of the new 535d :eek:

hubba

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

pablo21 wrote:
    Looking for an M5/Mtec front bumper for a 99 530D. Its Met Blue but the colour doesnt matter. Any of the E39 mtec models will do.

Check the following Buy and Sell link , someone's advertising the following:

E39 M-Tec Bumper.Front & rear, for '99 530D model, also M5 alloys. Contact: <snip>

Cyrus wrote:
    anyone see the review of the new 535d :eek:

Yep read review and decided it will be mine after my next car...

... in 2010 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dulux

Thats a wanted add...

And the straight six engine is in the 525TDs

• Advertisement

DivX wrote:
    Check the following Buy and Sell link , someone's advertising the following:

E39 M-Tec Bumper.Front & rear, for '99 530D model, also M5 alloys. Contact: <snip>

Thats actually my add but it was misposted, its actually a wanted add!!! I've been haunted with calls!!!!

pablo21 wrote:
    Thats actually my add but it was misposted, its actually a wanted add!!! I've been haunted with calls!!!!

Loads of buyandsell ads are misclassified at the moment, they dissapaeared off line for a while and came back with a tweaked site but clearly some problems too.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

pablo21 wrote:
    Thats actually my add but it was misposted, its actually a wanted add!!!

Thought as much but wasn't sure ;) thats why i snipped the contact details...

Have a straight six 325 TDS myself, but keeping an eye out for a 530D at the right price.. :p

DivX wrote:
    keeping an eye out for a 530D at the right price.. :p

They are hardly coming down at all it seems. Cheapest I've seen was around €18k for a 5 year old car with 100k miles in a private sale :eek:

I paid nearly four grand more than than for a low mileage 99 model!! Well worth it though!

Not bad - you probably got it from a dealer with a bit of warranty as well?

Great car and wanted it myself but the price was a stumbling block

Not worth it for me unfortunately as I do a low mileage, so I can't recoup money on fuel

The 530d has grown from 390Nm to 500Nm in 5 years. Mine will be a large diesel beamer next time or the time after that. Can't wait for at least 500Nm :D

Advertisement