Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Cheese

• 27-08-2004 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I've developed an intolerance to ordinary cheese as it gives me bad sinusitis so I've turned to non-dairy. I live in Co Sligo and the only non-dairy cheese I can get around here is the individually wrapped slices of soya/rice stuff which tastes like plastic. Is there anywhere I can get blocks of non-dairy cheese over the net or by mail order that doesn't have astronomical shipping charges?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

There is a new chain of health food shops in Dublin called Nourish, perhaps if you looked them up and gave them a ring they could help you out. I'm not sure about buying cheese over the net; maybe looking at groups like alt.vegetarian could direct you to some sites.

Is yours an intolerance to the rennet in cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks for your reply, I'll certainly give them a try.

I'm not sure what it is in the cheese that affects me, it took long enough to discover that it actually was cheese!

Advertisement