Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgeball

Options
  • 27-08-2004 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

Just saw the movie and,

DAMN YEAH!

That's the way dodgeball's supposed to be played!!!! Not the watered down CTYI version grrrr....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Dodgeball is fscking brilliant! Ben Stiller is class and Vince Vaughn is just too cool for school.

Patches O'Houlihan : If you can dodge wrenches, you can dodge balls.

--

Patches O'Houlihan : If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball.

--

Patches O'Houlihan : It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob!

--

Peter La Fleur : Yeah, uh, Patches... are you sure this is completely necessary?
    Patches O'Houlihan : Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?
    Peter La Fleur : Probably not.
    Patches O'Houlihan : No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
    Peter La Fleur : ...Okay.

--

PATCHES O'HOULIHAN IS THE GREATEST CHARACTER EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, great film. Ending was a bit crummy, with the blindfold during sudden death

Peter: "I don't think they have a "Your ddgeball coach was crushed by 10 tons of irony" hallmark card"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Dodgeball is the movie that has everything! Dodgeball......Cheerleading.....S&M gear........Bisexuality.....wrenches.....oh yeah, and a car wash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Acar wash??!!!!?????!! Why didn't anyone tell me
    *Rings mates and tells them to go see dodgeball tomorrow*
    Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ERR!

omg cant wait to see it now yeay

• Advertisement

And then there's the line 'Being fat or ugly is a genetic disorder, like baldness, or necrophilia'- The guy who owns the big gym whos name I can't remember, played by Ben Stiller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

How could anyone forget a name as awesome as White Goodman?!? Shame on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

pinkpimp wrote:
    Acar wash??!!!!?????!! Why didn't anyone tell me
    *Rings mates and tells them to go see dodgeball tomorrow*
    Nice one.
    Cheerleaders doing the car wash in skimpy bikinis

OK, when I saw this thread first, I thought; What a stupid spammy thread. And I was surprised that a mod would spam up this spam hole. But I just got back from seeing dodgeball, and WOW, It was the best thing Ive ever seen since sliced bread (which, incidentally, was invented in may 1928, in Boston. I think.) It has everything!!!:
    S&M gear,
    bisexuality,
    a lesbo kiss!!!!,
    random strippers in the background,
    a guy getting hit in the face with a wrench (I was laughing for 84 minutes about this... my friends now hate me.),
    a guy getting hit by a car,
    a guy in a wheelchair,
    a guy in a wheelchair getting killed,
    a very sarcastic cyclist,
    Chuck Norris at random,
    a really really really hot supporting actress,
    I'm gonna stop listing here, cos i'll be here all day. but damn, there was nothing it didn't have. So I understand why this thread was made now, and appreciate it, in all its fantastic threadlike glory.YEAH!!!! DODGEBALL ROCKS!!!

I remembered your man's name just after posting that, I swear! *Hangs head in shame*

What is it with you boys and lesbo kissing????? What is so hot about it anywayz?????

• Advertisement

Let me phrase it like this:

1 Girl good
    2 Girls....BETTER!

Yeah but why? Do ya wanna join in or something?

we're happy to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Girls kissing is one of those things that's cool on screen, but weird in real life. It feels like seeing your gf kiss another fella (I would imagine - never seen a gf kiss another fella) but you don't feel right about being aggressive or territorial towards a girl, so you just feel disempowered and confused.

And i can't wait to sdee Dodgeball, just to stay vaguely on-topic.

that is so not true. Tis totally hot in real life. I dont know what you're on, but lesbo kisses are like the hottest thing you can see without someone getting naked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

i am on a chair.
    Probably depends on the personality and whether you are attached to either of the kissers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

well, i heard that dodgeball was a rubbish film, like the worst out at the mo and NO-ONE in their right mind should go see it. anyone want to refute that claim?

ME! That movie rocked! Escpecially Steve the Pirate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1: whoever said it was the worst out has obviously not been dragged into garfield an/or the strpford wives.
    B: it is actually really good and im usually skeptical about films, especially comedies, because they're insanely hard to make funny, and usually try too hard withobvious clichès and bad jokes. But this actually tops (maybe) Waynes World. Maybe. Its better than Austin Powers 3 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

hmmmm...im surprised so many of ye loved it.. I saw it today and i thought it was good...not really good just good.But thats just my opinion. It did have its funny moments. A Good few of em.

And some advice to those that didnt c it yet....wait till the end of the credits...its worth it. 1 of the funniest parts of the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

That film was the ****.It was so good i wish i hadn't seen it so I could see it again and not know wat to xpect

Well said. My sentiment exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

It was very predictable tho but it was good all the same!!!!
    It was the best sport movie i ever did c!!! Usually those sport movies when the bad team eventually wins the final are really really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

pinkpimp wrote:
    we're happy to watch.
    SO young. so very very young :/

for the record lesbians grow old very quickly after any prolonged exposure. bisexuals are where its at. :p

whats prolonged exposure? Like two years, cos it hasnt gotten old yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

crash_000 wrote:
    SO young. so very very young :/

for the record lesbians grow old very quickly after any prolonged exposure. bisexuals are where its at. :p
    hehe Neil, bisexuals --- > threesomes ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Did anyone else think Steve the pirate looked eerily like Josh Homme when he got his hair cut? And yeah, lesbianism/bisexuality gets really tiring, especially when you know it's just a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Did anyone else think Steve the pirate looked eerily like Josh Homme when he got his hair cut? And yeah, lesbianism/bisexuality gets really tiring, especially when you know it's just a show.

It was very predictable tho but it was good all the same!!!!
    It was the best sport movie i ever did c!!! Usually those sport movies when the bad team eventually wins the final are really really bad.
    Dude, the good team one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

saw it dodgeball (and the village) today. it was brilliant.there should be a dodgeball worldcup.it'd be hilarious :D

Advertisement