Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputation Points...????

Options
  • 27-08-2004 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

OK, im not an idiot, i guesed what the reputation points are, but how do you get/lose them???? and whats the point of them, for example what happens if you get loads of them, is there some sort of reward??? if so what the hell is it? equally, what happens when you lose all reputation points?? Can someone please enlighten me, and if like me, you have more questions, post them and see if we cant sort out some answers, eh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

What the hell are you on about? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

If you look under your username at the left of your post, there's three little symbols, and the middle one is a scales - click it on other people's posts to give/take away their reputation points. If you're good, you'll get extra stars, and possibly other stuff. That's what I like to think I know anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Hi,

I will try and answer your questions:

how do you get/lose them???? - Other members give them to you, they are the one's who judge you. For example me!

whats the point of them? - So that people can see instantly what type of person you are, do people like you or not.

is there some sort of reward??? - The reward of knowing you are liked or disliked by the boards.ie populous.

what happens when you lose all reputation points?? - You don't actually loose your points, you simply go into minus points and plus points.

There hope that helped!

Youssef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

how do you get/lose them???? - Other members give them to you, they are the one's who judge you. For example me!

Thank you to the always great, ever wise and cool youssef. We all love you... especially me (wink wink nudge nudge, points points)

Points D-Livered.

• Advertisement

Cheers but it was a joke...

I know it was a joke but I thought it would be funny to put it in my sig, cos after all you did say it :)

Thanks

Ok... Additional question... How many points make a star?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

pinkpimp wrote:
    Ok... Additional question... How many points make a star?
    You don't get stars, you get extra green icons beneath your postcount, beside the "Friends" link, beside the one that's there already. I'm not sure how many you need for an extra one, but I'd guess it'd be 50 or 100

5 points?

patfivepointstar.gif

What you mean?

• Advertisement

Right, so how do you get/whats the point of stars?

The stars are just there kinda as a ranking, the more posts you put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

What does 'Gummybearz is on a distinguished road' or 'Ggummybearz is at an unknown quantity at this point' mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What does 'Gummybearz is on a distinguished road' or 'Ggummybearz is at an unknown quantity at this point' mean?
    They're a hideously vague way of telling what level of reputation goodness/badness you are at. Distinguished road is higher than unknown quantity, I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

ok, i'm more confused now than when i began reading this thread. More questions now than answers it seems. or maybe i'm just tired. so how do u find out one's reputation point thing? And does anyone very much care? I never even noticed that before and i'm seeing this in a whole knew light and now there could be points wars and stuff where people gang up on someone and take away all their points. all in all this isn't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Spog wrote:
    so how do u find out one's reputation point thing?
    The "usercp" link at the top of the page, underneath where it says the thread title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

This is madness of the highest order, well done and keep it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

the thing that confuses me most is the entirely random way points are added to your rep. like you could get 4 for one post but then like 2 for another...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Its running on some weird sort of equation taking into account peoples join dates, post counts and own rep points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Thats related to how many people gave you reputation, it's only random due to the inherent randomness of human nature

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

I have an explanation. It was all made up by monkeys.

Christ, I haven't even started and already the Leaving stress is getting to me.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

it says that i have 14 points. can i check to see who gave them to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Starbabe wrote:
    it says that i have 14 points. can i check to see who gave them to me?
    No, they're anonymous. Otherwise it'd all be "revenge!!".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Raphael wrote:
    Thats related to how many people gave you reputation, it's only random due to the inherent randomness of human nature
    Its random because i dont know how the **** it evaluates it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

That too Xp

Advertisement