Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Phil Spector fans out there?

Options
  • 27-08-2004 11:19pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you are a fan just thought you might like to know that a long unavailable album 'Love is all We have to Give' by Sonny Charles and the Checkmates Ltd. has been rereleased by Hip-o in the states but in a limited edition of 5000. I dont think the 'Proud Mary' track has ever been available on cd befoer even though it was popular here.

Full detaiils here - http://www.hip-oselect.com/catalogue_checkmates.asp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm sure he'll make a killing on that

sorry, couldn't resist!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

John2 wrote:
    I'm sure he'll make a killing on that

sorry, couldn't resist!

Neither could he thats why he's in trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

dub45 wrote:
    I dont think the 'Proud Mary' track has ever been available on cd befoer
    Probably not. Their only track on Back To Mono (great little set) was Black Pearl.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

sceptre wrote:
    Probably not. Their only track on Back To Mono (great little set) was Black Pearl.

I was very disappointed about that at the time as there was certainly plenty of room for it on the box set.

And as far as I remember Proud Mary was a hit in the UK for them. Their version of Spanish Harlem is pretty good as well.

Are they are any more Spector produced albums still not available on CD?

Advertisement