Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widescreen TV sound problem...need help!

Options
  • 27-08-2004 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Got a Sanyo 28" widescreen telly [CE28FWN3-R] at home around Christmas and we didn't notice any problem at the time. Although recently, [last 3 months] we've noticed some major problems that makes watching telly unbearable [specially DVD's] When the volume is above a certain level [a low one unfortunately] there is a distinct buzz/crackle . This affects Sky, normal TV and DVD's equally.
    The only thing that has been done to the TV is the corner of the case being cut off so that the TV might fit properly into the room. Before jumping to conclusions, there was no electrical equipment interfered with in the process. The case was cut and that was it.

Any ideas as to how I might fix this problem [preferably myself, I don't think the guarantee will hold up]? Speaking of guarantee, it's completely void now, right? Or do I have any sort of comeback?

Thanks for any help or advice ye can give me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Add a small hi-fi unit and feed the TV's line-out or SCART audio out into that?

It will sound a lot better than the TV did even when it was working properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

The guarantee is defiantly void, any tampering with the device automatically cancels the guarantee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pythagoras

Ingenious...a perfect excuse to get surround sound!
    Thanks for that idea, never thought of it. [well, not as a solution!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pythagoras

As surround sound isn't financially viable just yet, I'm still looking for solutions...can't find anything googlin either...any ideas??

Advertisement