Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting posts...

Options
  • 28-08-2004 4:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Where does the report go?
    Who gets it and in what form?
    ie. Is it a Mod? or an Admin? or both? or first one, then the other?
    I haven't seen action taken any time I've used it no matter how blatantly the rules are being broken by said post... although this could be just on some of the badly modded boards :/
    It's like having a "Complain to Microsoft" key on my keyboard. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

As far as I know the report goes to all the mods of the board the post is in. I think the admins get a copy too but not being an admin I don't know for sure. As regards mods taking action on reports I'm sure most, if not all of them, at least give your complaints some thought and if they agree with you and/or enough people complain about a post action will be taken, well that's the way I'd do it anyway but this board is a quiet one and easy to mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've heard from an Admin, DeV or Regi, that a copy gets sent to an Admin mail, it also gets sent to all mods of the board via email.

If there has been stuff to warrant the report a post submission and you feel that nothing has been done about your complaint try PM'ing the mod for starters and if you get no response I guess the Feedback or Help forum should be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Actually just so you've got some idea of what I'm talking about...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=182691
    A first-time poster who's very first and only post links to a crummy site selling a training CD... no introduction, no personal comments, no "hello I'm new", not even the slightest attempt at trying to appear as a normal user who's just reccomending something they found usefull.
    That blatant advertisment has been sitting there for 4 days.
    Its bad enough that they've ruined email for everyone, it pisses me right off just looking at that thread every time I visit that board.

Sorry this has gone a bit off-topic, I was initially curious about how the reporting posts function worked and got some good answers so I guess this is still usefull as a newbie FAQ ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The mail only goes to the admins if the forum has no moderators. Although now we can configure a forum so that it goes to both, but that's a new addition with VB3.

Advertisement