Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw On A Thursday Night???

• 28-08-2004 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Whats that all about?? How can they move raw to a thurs night? Raw for me is a staple of friday nights for like the last 6 years (that was when we got sky sports), it always symbolised the end of the week,from when i was in school and it meant that the school week was over (although sum git usually had it spoiled for me before friday!!!) and now it represents the start of a good weekend!! Usually on a friday night now il go for a few scoops after work,last call is half 12,leave the pub at half one and make it home for the 2 o clock show of RAW where il usually pass out half way through an Egde promo and wake up covered in curry for the main event!!! Cant do that on a thurs nite, its just plain weird man!!! Anyone else have a take on this???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

While I usually don't like change, and didn't like this the moment I heard about it, it's probably for the best. I nearly always miss Raw cos I'm out on a Friday night, so Thursday should be more convenient for me. Just have to wait and see.

On a related note, will they be showing the Raw taped in England live? It would seem slightly silly to broadcast it live in America (although it'll probably be on a 5 hour delay or something), yet not for another 3 days in the country it was taped in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

It screws it up for me, I'm living away in College and won't have Sky Sports..I'd usually come home and work the Friday night, get home at 12 and stay up and watch Raw..go to bed..sleep in work at 3:30 the next day, come home at 12 and watch Smackdown at 1..sleep till 10 wake up have breakfast and watch Heat...So you see my weekend revolves around Wrestling..what the hell am i going to do?....Does anyone know if they will change Smackdown to Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

So you see my weekend revolves around Wrestling..what the hell am i going to do?....
    THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!! See little do they know how changing their programming by 24 hours can throw the lives of someone on the other side of the world into complete and utter chaos!!! It destroys the solid foundation of a successful weekend!! The people will revolt and the streets will be flowing with blood...... OK OK a little extreme but look what happened when MARATHON became SNICKERS....... scary times are ahead!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

TOPDAWG wrote:
    THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!! See little do they know how changing their programming by 24 hours can throw the lives of someone on the other side of the world into complete and utter chaos!!! It destroys the solid foundation of a successful weekend!! The people will revolt and the streets will be flowing with blood...... OK OK a little extreme but look what happened when MARATHON became SNICKERS....... scary times are ahead!! :D

Raw is on this frday at 12 midnight, so id expect them to show it on fridays nights as well

Now I'll have to close up 10 minutes early damn you Sky Sports you sick, sadistic sum biatches!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Well Raw on a Thurday night passed of without fatality but I guesse we cant say that for sure untill Magnolia Fan gets home from work

I missed the Divas segment!...I'm crushed!
    The one time they do something worth watching and I miss it...I sat sat through Christy eating a pie with her @$$ for F sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I see no problem, Raw is still on late night on fridays, and thanks to thursday nights there's no fight with parents over the late late show anymore!!

Bonus!!

Advertisement