Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill Hicks tribute at the sugar club ?

• 28-08-2004 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭

I considered going but then you know couldn't bring myself to actaully go through with it. Did anyone go ? what was it like? good, bad ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Doh! I thought it was next week. I have met the guy who'se doing it a few times, and according to mutual friends, he is quite good - he does a bit of Billy Connolly and Denis Leary (i.e. Bill Hicks Lite :D ) as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Oh God that's all we need - tribute comedians.

What's the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Yeah - it was all a bit karaoke (hell I suppose that was the point) . Bill Hicks was an excellent comedian - one of the best ever in my opinion but Thursday night just felt a little sad. The guy who actually performed Bill Hicks had pretty good delivery and I just wonder if he might be better off performing his own stuff but if you want to hear Bill Hicks put on Rant in E-minor don't head along to these types of shows.

Oh, and the people booing David Letterman was just pathetic. Bill Hicks has been dead for over 10 years get over it .... he did.

Advertisement