Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel spying on the US?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Its not the first time they have been caught and probably wont be the last. The more frightning one is the Mossad group caught documenting 9/11. Makes you wonder what they knew or if they (Israel) could of stopped the attacks before it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

Yes it's not the first time, but it is the first time since the supposed ban on spying on the US which Israel made policy 20 years ago.

It might sound cynical, but it would not surprise me at all if Israel knew about 9/11 and could have prevented it. It's just the image of the country - they seem to want to do anything to protect their interests, even when it means harming their allies (US) in order to turn them against their enemies (i.e. Iraq).
    And to add to this, it would seem that the US has sought to cover up such mysterious Israeli actions in the past - remember the USS Liberty?

Makes you wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It caused surprise to me when I heard that a mole could have influenced American policy change concerning Iran and Iraq. But then I thought about it and maybe they trained the mole to read and write in Braille. What confuses me, though, is that Bush would have to have learned it too, now that's tricky to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The US is unlikely to do anything about this. After all they turn a blind eye to the Israelis indiscriminately killing thousands of innocent people in the Middle East, so a little bit of spying is not going to bother them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Flukey wrote:
    After all they turn a blind eye to the Israelis indiscriminately killing thousands of innocent people in the Middle East

Give me a single example of Isreal " indiscriminately killing thousands of innocent people" or else retract that comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Well maybe you have never heard of it, but there is a little place called Palestine right beside them where they have been doing that for decades, with barely ever a word of condemnation from the USA, even while the rest of the world has been doing so. That is just one of a number of countries where they have been killing people, though it is the one where they have been doing most of it. People have attacked them, but the vast majority they have killed have absolutely nothing to do with that and this indiscriminate killing plays right into the hands of those that would attack them, giving them an excuse to do so. What the suicide bombers have done is totally wrong, but Israel's reaction, in killing innocent men, women and children, is never going to stop it and if anything is doing more to encourage it. I don't for one moment condone what the Palestinians are doing, but I can understand why they continue to hit back. Israel is the sovereign democratic party of the two so we should be able to expect some restraint and control in their actions by comparison to the terrorists. Unfortunately that is not what we have got. Policies like bulldozing a family's home because one family member chose to attack them is hardly rational or what we would expect a government to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Seaneh wrote:
    Give me a single example of Isreal " indiscriminately killing thousands of innocent people" or else retract that comment.

Read a newspaper. Not sure I would of said 1000's but it wasn't that far off the mark. And before you start off , just because they take out terrorists, doesn't make the innocent people they kill or lives they ruin along the way make the others terrorists too.
    is that Bush would have to have learned it too, now that's tricky to believe.

I believe moles talk using vibrations and their whiskers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hmmm, could be untrue then, Bush doesn't have whiskers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The US lets them. Israel is allowed to tap phones at will within the US

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/spyring.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

When I hear dangerously fanatical idiots from the illegal settlements say "we run America" I'm not to far from believing they have a point.
    Israel spying on America just isn't shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Seaneh wrote:

Maybe not but they did ethnically cleanse what is now the state of Israel (recognised borders excluding west bank and other occupied territories) of 85% of it Palestian population
    District Depopulated towns & villages Refugees
    Acre 30 47,038
    Ramleh 64 97,405
    Baysan 31 19,602
    Beersheba 88 90,507
    Gaza 46 79,947
    Haifa 59 121,196
    Hebron 16 22,991
    Jaffa 25 123,227
    Jerusalem 39 97,950
    Jenin 6 4,005
    Nazareth 5 8,756
    Safad 78 52,248
    Tiberias 26 28,872
    Tulkarm 18 11,333
    Total 531 805,067

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_exodus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

adjodlo wrote:
    Yes it's not the first time, but it is the first time since the supposed ban on spying on the US which Israel made policy 20 years ago.

It might sound cynical, but it would not surprise me at all if Israel knew about 9/11 and could have prevented it. It's just the image of the country - they seem to want to do anything to protect their interests, even when it means harming their allies (US) in order to turn them against their enemies (i.e. Iraq).
    And to add to this, it would seem that the US has sought to cover up such mysterious Israeli actions in the past - remember the USS Liberty?

Makes you wonder...

Excuse me Israel did not want 9/11 to happen next thing you will be saying is that they back Osama Bin Laden, it is necessary for all countries to keep an eye on there allies, it is done by all and not just Israel. It is done in Ireland by M16 and by G2(Irish equivlant) in the North and also the Mainland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Well, seeing as America knew about the possibility of 9/11 becoming more than a possiblility and could have prevented it, I guess Isreal could have known the same thing given their spying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Excuse me Israel did not want 9/11 to happen next thing you will be saying is that they back Osama Bin Laden, it is necessary for all countries to keep an eye on there allies, it is done by all and not just Israel. It is done in Ireland by M16 and by G2(Irish equivlant) in the North and also the Mainland.

The Mainland of what? Europe? MI6 have also been allow operate in the North something MI5 wasn't too happy about

Flukey wrote:
    The US is unlikely to do anything about this. After all they turn a blind eye to the Israelis indiscriminately killing thousands of innocent people in the Middle East, so a little bit of spying is not going to bother them.

Eh yeah where did you learn or see that a comic

to my knowledge let me see.........mmmm 16 dead people yesterday and they did what exactly did they do.

People have been killed on both sides, where have the thosands be fill me in now....

I would love to see your facts and figure about what the intifada yes or the whole Israel/Arab conflict.please enlighten me

dubhthach wrote:
    The Mainland of what? Europe? MI6 have also been allow operate in the North something MI5 wasn't too happy about

Mainland UK.

I have worked with them hence I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

People have been killed on both sides, where have the thosands be fill me in now....

Many many many more have been killed on the Palestinian side. Not that it's a contest.

Advertisement