Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's that time again.... SSBM!!

Options
  • 28-08-2004 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

It's that time again, the time when you find someone and play them in SSBM, but don't be a wuss, you have to play at least one 60 minute match. In Single Button Mode. On Big Blue. With your toes. Nah, I'm only joking about the single button or big blue (foot gaming is a whole other thread). You have to play a 1 hour match.

I went down to my local Lost+Found and found me a gamer to play against. I whooped her rainbow coloured ass. The final score was:
             Kirby   Me
    KO     |  36   | 42 |
    Falls  |  43   | 36 |
    SD     |  3    |  3 |
    ---------------------
    Total  | -10   | +3 |

So go out into the big blue room and smash someone. Then come back to boards where we all feel safe and post your scores. It's OK to slag the loser.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Big blue is the worst level. I play a few games weekly with mates and we're all pretty damn good but we mostly only use final destination and corneria

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

where is this 'lost and found'? I wanna play some games!!!!!!! none of my sap friends play games really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Kold wrote:
    Big blue is the worst level.
    Big Blue is kinda bad, but the worst is the one I call Rotate-o-world. It's one of the metroid ones. It sucks teh donkeys b0ll0x.
    evad_lhorg wrote:
    where is this 'lost and found'? I wanna play some games!!!!!!! none of my sap friends play games really.
    My local Lost&Found closed down. Now I have to order my gamers from Amazon. The shipping is a bitch. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Most of my friends play Games but only on the PS2, worse still is that they like the really really bad multi-format games made by EA like Rising Sun, or NFSU : Underground, LotR: ROTK or FIFA. Mention any sort of other Console or game (particulary Pro Evoultion Soccer 3-4). They will just slag you.

well thats a bit stupid seeing as pro evo is miles better than fifa. tell them I said theyre stupid ;)

• Advertisement

As for SSBM, "Ok everyone get in line so I can whoop all yo asses". :D:D;) . I remember going to buy this game in the states, on the release date and they were having a competition in the shop. I got totally destroyed, but I think ive improved, :D that was 2001 after all.

/me tells my friends evad_lhorg that he thinks there stupid for not liking Pro Evo. Their reply "but pro evolution doesnt have real names, neh neh neneh". Poor EA drones.

but for you see... you can buy a cheat thing and it changes all the names and crests and jerseys so they are correct. so now oyu have licenses and an actual good football game with amazing graphics and even better gameplay.

Yeah ive heard about that, just havent bothered my arse doing it. Well even if they all think the cube is a ****e console. There more than happy to have a 4 player round in Mario kart, SSBM and Mario Party 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*hangs head in shame*
    Though this was done last year and Syth got his ass whooped after I'd been playing SSBM for less than 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

*hangs head in shame*
    Though this was done last year and Syth got his ass whooped after I'd been playing SSBM for less than 2 weeks.
    Well that was because I noly just got into SSBM, then you got a cube and I lent it to you, so I was playing it for less than you.

However you've really let yourself go, smash wise that is. You used to be good.

Give me time. And caffeine. And you will feel the wrath of kirby once again.

Kirby, you dont actually play as kirby do you?

Actually I have done since the very first day I wielded a GC controller to play SSBM!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Kirby rocks man, dont diss the fluffy one! :)
    I always played Roy (think thats his name, guy with the sword) or Ganondorf, but Kirby was always fun to kill people with :)

Kirby and pikachu were the best in the original smash brothers I thought. that move were kirby goes into the air and smashes to the ground was deadly. as was pkachus lightening. i HAVNT PLAYED YTHE NEW ONE YET THOUGH. WHATS ONE PLAYER LIKE? my friends tend not to have games really so whenever they are occasionally around this maybea great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Kirby was good in the first one but he's **** now, too weak. SSBM is far better even though I loved the original. We play a lot. My best character is Captain Falcon but my friends are good with Samus and Link. I reckon we could beat all oncomers.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    kirby goes into the air and smashes to the ground was deadly
    He can do a similar move in SSBM. I play as Young Link, and he can do a simiar move. Hold down and A as you are falling and he will hold his sword down and stab anyone he lands one. It's good cause you can control where you're falling on, and if you hit someone you bounce up again, so you can get em twice. :)
    Kold wrote:
    I reckon we could beat all oncomers.
    I smell a challenge... and deja vu. ;)

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Kirby and pikachu were the best in the original smash brothers I thought. that move were kirby goes into the air and smashes to the ground was deadly. as was pkachus lightening. i HAVNT PLAYED YTHE NEW ONE YET THOUGH. WHATS ONE PLAYER LIKE? my friends tend not to have games really so whenever they are occasionally around this maybea great one.
    The one player is fun. There's a lot to unlock, nearly 300 trophies and loads more characters than what you start with. And all the moves you mentioned are back. And you will hate trying to play as Pichu.

another game to add to my list

• Advertisement
Advertisement