Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re top of page drop down menus?

Options
  • 28-08-2004 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Does any1 else have the issue with the drop down menus on the very top of the page whereby when I mouseover on them the drop down menu actually drops down behind the "Ads by Google" advertisements thereby preventing me from actually clicking on one of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Mine are gone altogether now......bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Esel

When I click Quick Links, the screen just drops slightly?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Well not really that. Its like when Im on this page now that when i mouse over on say Sci, Shop , Sports, System that the menu that drops down, well it drops down BEHIND the google advertisement. Example is Sci. The first one is Astronomy / Space, then Biology / Medicine... but the rest are hidden behind the advertisement so i cant click on them.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Samething happens to me, shop, soc, sports and system menus all drop down
    behind the google banner ad. This means that most of the forums arent accessable from those menus....

**BUMP** coooeee mods...any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

That's weird. I see no Google Ad's anywhere are all the dropdown lists work.

See screen shot for what we mean...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

The admins could change the stylesheet to use a higher z-index for the drop-down menus.

I'm not sure if this will work, as it's possibly a bug in IE5 (the only browser I've seen it on).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

What browser are you using?

I've tried it on both Firefox [1.0 Preview release] and Internet Explorer [6.5] and dont have that problem. Try changing brower to Firefox or maybe upgrading your current browser.

I have the latest version of Opera (not changing no way lol)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah that happened to me but only in opera, working fine in ie

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

For the last few days, seems ok now, using netscape 7.2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement