Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800XT temp problem

Options
  • 28-08-2004 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Oh it goes on and on and on and on.

62 when running desktop 70+ and reboot city when playing Doom or BFV.
    Standard colling on it really shouldnt be this hot.

CPU at 50 mainboard at 52 , nothing overclocked all running stock speeds.
    2400Xp @2ghz
    9800XT @412/365
    1.5gb 2700 @333

Why me?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Those aren't problematic temps, are you getting artifacts while playing? If you are not then you are fine those temps are normal for a 9800XT.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

that mobo temp seems very high. Have you got any case fans at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No artefacts whatsoever just lockups and reboots.
    Windows blames the driver (4.7 4.8 4.9 tried em all) doom logfiel reports nowt which means its not game related. Temp shoots up when playing.

Mobo temp is actually quite low for me usually about 60 with 3 case fans and a bequiet 450 watt PSU. Have it down to 50 now which is better.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

KdjaC wrote:
    Mobo temp is actually quite low for me usually about 60 with 3 case fans and a bequiet 450 watt PSU. Have it down to 50 now which is better.
    JESUS H CHRIST a MB at 60!!!! :eek: those afto be incorrect temps, if they are right you may want to run your PC with the side open to see if it's more stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Those mobo temps are messed up. You should really look into that.

Try turning agp fast writes off on the graphics card as this can cause lock ups sometimes. There is no need for them on new cards.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
Advertisement