Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbits and Rotations

Options
  • 28-08-2004 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hey,

does anyone have the name of any programs that can display the current orbits of the planets , and perhaps the rotations ???

Thanks

Fionn (about to go googling again)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I don't know about programmes, but try some of the astronomy websites like www.heavensabove.com to see can they help. I am sure there are programmes that do it and maybe there might be something if you look under astrology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

you should check my post called celestia.

edit: heh, Maybe you should double check that link.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

for full 3D orbits etc. http://www.starrynight.com/ - but probably over kill with zooms on the planets etc.

you could google for freeware clones - there is one for linux on the Knoppix CD can't remember the name off hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Flukey wrote:
    I don't know about programmes, but try some of the astronomy websites like www.heavensabove.com to see can they help. I am sure there are programmes that do it and maybe there might be something if you look under astrology.

There's a hyphen in the middle of that flukey!

www.heavens-above.com

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 michaeloconnell

Here's a link to a site containing a huge list of astro software
    http://www.cox-internet.com/ast305/software.html
    Enjoy!

Michael

• Advertisement
Advertisement