Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the deal when drunk guys...

• 29-08-2004 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

I've always wondered what's the deal when guys get drunk, they insist on targeting someone and ripping all his clothes off and then taking their own clothes off and start running around naked?
    Funny when the same type of guys see themselves as macho and a little homophobic. :rolleyes: :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

dunno what guys oyu hang around with but thats never happened to me thank god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya we all do that fine generalization there! Don’t know what weirdo’s you hang around with i dont drink and i sure as hell dont strip other guys naked for the laugh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

erm.. never actually had a man run around after ripping my clothes off.. i'd trip the gob****e up

ahh sorry.. another mans clothes..even weirder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

its not really weird when you think about it...i mean when you are drunk you just do stuff without thinking, theres no little voice in your head to say now now thats not normal....people just act/speak on impulse when intoxicated, thats the fascinating thing about it, i guess its just you get an overload because you are just so used to thinking things before doing them so when you are drunk you may go crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Its boring, tbh. Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

OK first of all I don't get my clothes ripped off or rip other guys' clothes off, but I've seen it at house parties before happening between people I don't know that well. Don't call me a weirdo, I think it's just as weird as anyone else, that's why I asked the question.

its not really weird when you think about it....

its very werid when you think about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I'm sure there's some sort of psychological explaination for it. It usually seems to happen in groups too. The two occasions of it which come to my mind are of footballers, drunk as lords, stripping everything off and running up and down streets.

A sub-conscious desire to be free of the etiquette which means they can't bond together freely because of their homophobia? A desire to show everyone what they consider to be their sculpted bodies?

Perhaps the war simulation environment they live in means they are closer to being in the wild and want to feel in touch with the elements?

I will also perform an amateurish and wildily inaccurate examination of your pets (pop)psychological health for a small fee, there's a reason he p1sses in your shoes.

im not saying that its a good thing, just speaking the truth. and people will always have an urge to drink/ do drugs or whatever. its human nature to sometimes be excessive in what we eat or drink. it is because we get something called escapism.sometimes consciousness can be a mixed /blessing curse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Lainey wrote:
    erm.. never actually had a man run around after ripping my clothes off.. i'd trip the gob****e up

ahh sorry.. another mans clothes..even weirder...

Between red and pink underwear in another thread and ripping clothes off in this one, you seem to have an obsession with what we wear. :)

Can't say I've ever torn another mans clothes off.

• Advertisement

im not saying that its a good thing, just speaking the truth. and people will always have an urge to drink/ do drugs or whatever. its human nature to sometimes be excessive in what we eat or drink. it is because we get something called escapism.sometimes consciousness can be a mixed /blessing curse.

grabbing some lad and taking his clothes off as a "joke" is hardly escapism.

different strokes for different folks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you've been to house partys and the wierdest thing that happened was some dude getting his clothes torn off???
    do me a favour. never invite me to one of your tame-ass house partys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Never torn another mans clothes off, and never ran around nakid at a house party.

Flukey wrote:
    Between red and pink underwear in another thread and ripping clothes off in this one, you seem to have an obsession with what we wear. :)

i'd put in the rolling eyes smilie but they won't work for me.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Well I don't think the parties above would excite you, especially any one that Zulu is at, as he seems to keep his clothes firmly on! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Was in a bar one night a few years back in the middle of summer. The place usually went all out for the summer and put a BBQ outside, with the jetski game, and covered the inside of the bar in sand. Then all of the barstaff would dress up in any summer style clothes that the management thought of at the time - usually hula skirts (they weren't very creative).

Anyway, this one night we're in there, some guys who had most likely spent all day getting drunk (bad idea #1) started to get the idea that a strip show would be a good idea (bad idea#2). Now these guys looked like popeye clones. On steroids to pump themselves up, and their forearms larger than their biceps (either something went wrong there or they're very lonely at night - and all day long). So they proceed to get naked and do a little sailor dance (bad idea #3 considering the whole popepe thing).

Suffice to say that the steroids had taken effect on them already, and I can only assume the drink and the cold as well. It was the biggest (or should I say smallest) laugh the regulars in the bar had ever seen (again - or not seen).

The 2 lads had been regulars in the place for a couple of months. They didn't come back after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Of course that's normal behaviour when a few guys get a few drinks in them....

...IN PRISON!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Jayzus, I ask a simple question and get bitched at and become the most hated member of the moment. Can we be friends? :rolleyes:

Jayzus, I ask a simple question and get bitched at and become the most hated member of the moment. Can we be friends? :rolleyes:

relax, noones bitching.. just answering your post.. so did these two guys fall down laughing after, or wrestle or take their trousers off?? strange things happen when lots of alcohol is taken.. i once kissed a man after drinking ( the shame).. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Pure alcohol induced exhibitionism imho.

One case I've seen was two straight guys at a wedding pretending to snog each other for the benefit of the older generation - offence was taken by some :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

One of the lads got stripped by his mates at a house party, basicly to embarass him in a "bonding moment"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

What's with all these stupid threads?

yeah i was just thinking the same thing.the standard of threads has gone wayy down in the last while...

Advertisement