Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new rammstein vid "amerika"

Options
  • 29-08-2004 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

so has anyone seen this? what do you think of the imagery and what it means ? i think they are brave to be doing such an overtly political song about the americans since germans tend to keep quiet on this subject from my experience.....i can understand some of the german but i'd need to see the words to understand it better ..... and its also quite a cool song..the first time i have heard till linderman sing in english....
    watch it here ...press "einstellungen" to configure it for broadband or modem first.
    http://www.viva.tv/player/frameset.php?id=11004&fid=23351959&format=media_adsl&focus=off

total geil!!

"we're all living in amerika...its wunderbar!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

they're a funny band alright. Song is not the best compared to some of their other stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Have to say, I thought both the song and the video were awful and only political in rebellious teenager type way. I hope not all their new stuff is like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

yeah i guess it is a bit simplistic, but they have a kind of warped sense of humour/satire and unfortunately sometimes they can be a bit cheesy too, but it depends on how you view it, i mean some of what they are saying is unfortunately true-sometimes the only aspect of american culture that gets to the remotest parts of the world are "mcdonalds" and 'coca cola"-sad but true.germany in some places is infact quite an americanised country, they are into the whole lifestyle, they have all the "american" themed restaurants,they use american slang mixed with german and mtv is rife amongst other things.

they also have a new single out about the german cannibal (who sauted the victims *ahem* and both ate it)- www.meinteil.com

denn du bist was du isst=because you are what you eat...... (see what i mean about their humour ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I still don't think they'll top their Snow White video, that was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I haven't seen it yet (don't worry I will, waiting for an album to finish) HOWEVER, I think it's a little silly to say a band's taking risks by being overtly political. At this point, it's a bad career move for a rock band in America to NOT be blatantly political (and specifically, anti-bush). ****ing Green Day.''

[edit]Alright, I watched the video. It's not soo bad. At first I thought it was complete gick, and it was way too heavy-handed. The "We're all living in America...Coca Cola...Wonderbra" thing made me laugh, and it seemed like they were basically saying "Bush is a **** and should die painfully, I hate American culture, use us to clean yourselves..." which is a nice enough sentiment, but whatever.

Thing is, the dancing around the flag, and "Rammstein Fancy Dress" thing made me laugh. I like them as people, they seem cool, but the music ends up a little poo. Maybe I should give them more of a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Poor song and incredibly "hop-on-the-bandwagon-y" video. Great band though, I'm looking forward to the new album.

BTW, Till has said that Amerika isn't a political song, they're just saying this as they are.

"Denn, du bist was du ist" :D

Advertisement