Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Will Hunting

• 29-08-2004 3:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I absolutely love this movie. I think it's one of the only movies I can tolerate to watch with Ben Affleck.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Not a fan of "Good Will Hunting II: Hunting Season" then?
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭damntheman

I have no idea what you're talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Watch Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back, damntheman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

damntheman wrote:
    I absolutely love this movie. I think it's one of the only movies I can tolerate to watch with Ben Affleck.
    Dogma was pretty cool too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

sceptre wrote:
    Not a fan of "Good Will Hunting II: Hunting Season" then?
    :p
    Scott William Winters doing his 'Cyril' face was before the cameras rolled was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Watch Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back, damntheman.
    Ugh, no, don't ... it's terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Cock Knocker. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

They used to show that film to us in school during 4th year whenever we had a free class. I've seen the first 30 - 40 minutes of it so many times but not the whole film in length.

Is it any good? Does he finally get his head thumped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Its good alright. And whats wrong with Affleck in Mallrats, Chasing Amy or Dogma, don't forget the films he did before he became a "superstar". Now how do you like THEM apples. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

yeah, chasing amy is quite a good movie, and ben aint that bad, he has just been messed up by that eejit jlo and of course like all other stars everything has gone to his head a bit......him and matt damon are cute together. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭damntheman

I like chasing amy, dogma, and mallrats. I haven't seen the others. When I said 'one of the only' I meant few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sorry about throwing the thread into a tangent.

I liked Good Will Hunting (and Affleck was good (or at least bearable) in it, though Matt Damon generally tends to annoy me more than Affleck). I found it a little heavy handed with the usual "total genius has crap job but gets discovered, resolves problems and isn't life wonderful on the whole" thing. On the other hand Minnie Driver was in it so it gains a few points there. I suppose it struck a nerve with many people who reckoned they weren't living up to their potential yet and that a little push in the right direction could help them get there (same way that the Matricx struck a chord with thousands of geeks across the planet).

Stellan Skarsgård was excellent in it (very underrated actor) as was Robin Williams. And I liked the way they tossed Ted Kaczynski in as a quick example of what can happen with great talent that goes unchannelled and uncontrolled. The script on the whole is excellent and the care that's taken with the backdrop to Williams' character shows an attention to detail that benefits the movie greatly. And I'm not too sure whether it's a cliché or not a cliché, but I rather like the fact that at the end both Williams' and Damon's characters reach some sort of internal resolution and are able to go and try to seek what they want out of life without actually getting that by the end of the movie. It's at least worth a second look and that's more than can be said for most of the tripe to come out of Hollywood in the last decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

and Matt Damon is hot too. (To keep this intellectual conversation going)

Advertisement