Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Ringtones

• 29-08-2004 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

hey any1 know of good sites to get free/cheap ringtones and stuff?
    the prices of them are a joke?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

What phone do you have? MIDI files are the only man if your phone can accept them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

here's a good ringtone :ring ring ring ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

here's a good ringtone :ring ring ring ring
    I like it. Can I give you my credit card details now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I wouldn'd ming a 'ring ring ring' tone, I got a new nokia and the most descreet tone is the ribbit-ribbit frog noise

how do you get the midi files into the phone? cable, can you set up a grps server and connect to it using your phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

I used to go to tone2fone.com its ok and its cheap enough...
    but it doesnt have polyphonic or real tones.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Ringtones are a bit of a scam. When your phone rings, it is to alert you to the fact that someone wants you not to sit there listening to a ringtone. If you do that you'll lose the call. Most phones give you enough variations of ringtones to ensure yours isn't going to sound like everyone elses. If you want to listen to music, wear your walkman. If you like your walkman up loud, then put your phone beside it and the interference will alert you to the incoming call, even if you can't hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Spacedog wrote:
    I wouldn'd ming a 'ring ring ring' tone, I got a new nokia and the most descreet tone is the ribbit-ribbit frog noise

how do you get the midi files into the phone? cable, can you set up a grps server and connect to it using your phone?

If the mobile provider allows you to send MMS messages from their website simply attatch the midi file to the mms message using the website interface and send it to your own number.

when the message gets to your phone save the midi file in whatever folder your ringtones are in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm surprised we all have avpided the topic and no one's given out any sites for the poor fella!

Go to this site! I use it and it's completely free;

www.polyphonicringtonez.net

This website also want you to click on adverts to keep them tones free.

REMEMBER; if you have GPRS phone, you'll be charged for every kb of stuff downloaded/uploaded on your phone! go to your network's website for pricing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 swimfan

type this in2 your WAp browser..

http:/wap.ring-tones.us

its free and they have all the latest poly's and mono's!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That polyphonicringtonez.net domain is for sale! Not much use.

Tagtag.com used to offer free ringtones. Dunno if it still does though. Used to offer free space to make your own WAP site, which may be handy for downloading tones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I have a burning wish to magically transform polyphonic ring tones into living, breathing human beings, specifically so I can stab them. The horrid things blare out in badly composed, off beat sqwuaks that there is no god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

byte wrote:

Tagtag.com used to offer free ringtones. Dunno if it still does though. Used to offer free space to make your own WAP site, which may be handy for downloading tones?

I'm actually shocked by this news! :( I didn't go on this sie for ages, mostly because I can record realtones on my moby(Sagem my-v 65)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ahhhhhhh bluetooth is the only way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep bluetooth is the dogs bollix ;)

My current ringtone is a midi file and its Rock Superstar by Cypress Hill and tbh its not bad and much better than the techno muck that came as standard on my Sony Ericsson.

I cannot understand why people pay for ringtones when you just need a small amount of smarts and tech savvy to get them for free !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Get a bluetooth dongle, or IR.

Tbh my SonyEricsson has the only ringtone I will ever use.
    The classic "Ring Ring".

Oh, and theres a Mobiles/PDA forum aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

byte wrote:
    It's www.polyphonicringtonez.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    REMEMBER; if you have GPRS phone, you'll be charged for every kb of stuff downloaded/uploaded on your phone! go to your network's website for pricing!

you change these settings to dial a connection so you get charged per minute rather than per byte.

By the way i recommend This site very good selection and tones are free via wap.

Advertisement