Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky digital reconnection

• 29-08-2004 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭

I had posted a few weeks ago re getting sky reconected as a first time user. At the time my digibox was fu**** and they would not give me a new one and I cancelled.

Anyway this guy called (sky agent) and he installed a new box and signed up a new contract but in my wife's name and everything is fine.

I have a new box for €50 and sky have another customer so to speak.

If anyone else is in the same position just get a new contract in another family member's name.

One final thing. The telephone no. given to contact sky when the card had to be activated was 0818719819. The agent told me that this was a low call no. for Ireland but it I think it is actually a UK no. Does anyone know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

that number is a local number but when u call your actually talking to their representitives in scotland. it only costs the price of a local call so theres no problem with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I've questioned that number as well, but I've been told its a lo-call number even though I don't know of any other Irish number starting with 0818 possibly its an exchange number for sky which routes the sky calls to scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks for that. I had to call the no. a couple of times so I wont be as worried now waiting on the next tel. bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

0818 numbers are charged at national call rates.

Difference of opinions -- any other offers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

Yep 0818 numbers are national call rates so be careful cos if you are onto sky for any length of time during the day your bill might be a small bit more than you think from eircon. 1850 are the only local call numbers. :o

Just been checking Esat/bt list of call charges and the data they have for the 0818 no is:

Min call charge: 6.05c
    Daytime rate: 8.17c per min.
    Evening rate: 4.92c per min.
    weekend rate: 4.92c per min.

Advertisement