Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watching TV in another room (sending)

• 29-08-2004 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been posted before or I'm in the right forum, but then again I don't know what these thingys are called so!

I'm interested in sending as much as possible from the sittingroom to my bedroom - no wires, no installation or monthly fee. I am not just looking for the second Sky box they're always plugging. I'm just interested in sending the signal (of whatever's playing I suppose) down to another TV. I saw this in Aldi's specials a while back, and Argos have some I think - calling them TV Links or such and such.

Any advice?
    Obviously if I can get it to send Sky,cable,video all in one that's be great. Feasable?
    There seems to be some option to allow your remote (or does it come with the sender?) to control what your viewing.
    How good reception do you generally get...and is it sensitive to various electrics on the way down the hall?

Cheers guys - sorry for the vagueness. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Your looking for a video sender. Aldi did have them two weeks ago - I know cos i picked one up :)
    However, I was in Maplins last week and they had two or three types - one was just 35 euro - so you might want to pop into maplins (galway & dublin).

Failing that, Argos also sell them - although I would imagine there a little bit more expensive....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep got a really good one in Argos a while ago, the ‘DigiSender’ ok so it was €120 BUT it does send Nicam and have a flawless picture and transmitter range and relays remote control signals to what ever you have to two scart leads plugged into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

god's toy wrote:
    Yep got a really good one in Argos a while ago, the ‘DigiSender’ ok so it was €120 BUT it does send Nicam and have a flawless picture and transmitter range and relays remote control signals to what ever you have to two scart leads plugged into.
    It's on special at the moment in Argos (noticed it in the temporary mini-catalogue). Only a few quid off (I think it's down to €104 or thereabouts) but it's still a few quid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Thanks guys - sorry about the delay in replying - been away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

My brother has one and it gets interference off the microwave. honestly.
    And the Eye for the remote isn't very good either.

I think it is called a 'Digisender'.
    The one he has that is.

• Advertisement

I'd be interested to hear how good the quality is on those digisenders.
    I want to pump an Irish sub around the house including to a plasma-I have my doubts about the plasma quality tho.
    The signal would have to get through thickish dividing walls too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

I have 4 digisender receivers scattered around the house and they work. 98% of the time picture quality and sound great. I have one connected to a plasma TV. Initially picture quality was not great but when I plugged digisender into different power source to TV all went well. Obviously the further the receiver is from transmitter, quality MAY deteriorate. Digisenders are a grand solution so long as everyone in the house understands that you can only watch one tv channel at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Earthman wrote:
    I'd be interested to hear how good the quality is on those digisenders.
    I want to pump an Irish sub around the house including to a plasma-I have my doubts about the plasma quality tho.
    The signal would have to get through thickish dividing walls too.

I picked up the Argos one two years ago (€125 back then) but it didn't work well at all, so I returned it. Wound up getting one to serve a bedroom TV a while back, in Lidl of all places, for €45, which works much better. Does not like my wireless broadband router at all, though. I usually have to make sure the ethernet cable is in the laptop before I view anything in the bedroom.

Long story short, senders work and work well, but are prone to all kinds of interference. You wouldn't want to be using them to record off, just in case. A passing car, a microwave, a door closing (forcing it to find a new path to the receiving TV in my case) can cause reception issues.

Advertisement