Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone intrested in joining new art group in rathgar?

Options
  • 29-08-2004 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

me and a friend are setting up a new art group to be based in the orwell lodge hotel rathgar( near to the dropping well pub/luas/14 bus route).

were renting a room there for every monday night for a few hours(with coffee break half way through to give people a chance to get to know each other), it'll be about 6 euro or less every night for each member fo 2/3 hours to rent the premises.

wev already organised a tutor and have 10members( but we need more college students as wev mainly got more mature members now)

were having our first meeting on 30th september/thursday if anyone's intrested( bring your own art materials!).

email is irishbabe999@hotmail.com for more info! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

I'm kinda interested . . . But just wonderin:

What exactly are you hoping the group will achieve? (not that I don't think it's a good idea, just wondering if there's something specific in mind?) How far from city centre is it? Any particular style of method you're aiming to focus on?

I hope you guys can pull it together, sounds fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Rathgar is about half hour from city centre depending on transport ect could be 15mins minus traffic, 14mins on luas,7min walk.

Were starting using dry materials but we intend to let everyone have free reign to pick their own medium once it gets going.

The group is just a place for people with a common intrest in art to share ideas/ maybe get some motivation(possibly exhibit/learn new skill)/ meet new people, those who want a tutor to teach them . i guess it will be what each person wants to achieve from that group as it's going to be different for every person.

wev already got 16people so wev got a lot of intrest and everythings organised.

talk2u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

might be interested. What day and time? Need stuff to do and i live around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

I fully endorse this event and/or project

will be on every Monday night starting from the 4th October, will be more of a class to begin with to get people into the swing of it and then people can do as they choose or work on their own projects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

will everyone there be art students?

no, not all, im science myself, iv just always loved art, but find it very hard to do at college.

some people might have experience in art, others not, myself im somewhere in between but i find a class gives me a bit more motivation to do it.

Advertisement