Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Latvian reg cars and tinted windows ?

Options
  • 29-08-2004 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Anyone out there notice that every Latvian car in Dublin has tinted windows ?
    Just wondering if anyone has any theories on what they are hiding ?

You can usually spot a chav micra or punto a mile away by the smell and the tinted windows, but ALL Latvian cars have tinted windows !!

My theory is that they are nicked cars that are driven across Europe when they come to Ireland to live. I mean, an ex Russian state, and they are turning up in Audi's, BMWs, mid-spec Jap cars etc,

Maybe I'm just paranoid and want to know what kinda blondy-bird they are hiding in their car.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

P.i.m.p.s. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

...makes sense now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

mrbungle wrote:
    I mean, an ex Russian state, and they are turning up in Audi's, BMWs, mid-spec Jap cars etc,

Maybe I'm just paranoid and want to know what kinda blondy-bird they are hiding in their car.....

well as you say ex Russian state some people still drive ladas and other exotic vehicles. not everybody drives big audi ,speaking of which just seen shiny A8 on LV plates. Simply, some people don’t want to be seen driving cars which are impossible to buy when you’re on normal wages and they just don't want to advertise the fact : hey i am working in the west and i have few bob.

I know that local Russian guys will no exactly who is who but this way you are not sure if the guys behind tinted windows are actually doggy or not.
    So generally people stay away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

They're just being smart knowing that a new corolla over there is about half the price of a new one here. So they drive them over here and don't have to pay the VRT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

cheap car maybe for Irish standards but definitely

cheap insurance which covers you when driving in any EU country for entire year, cheap road tax

• Advertisement
Advertisement