Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone following the Tower theft on COB??!

Options
  • 17-11-1999 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Apprantly someone conned someone else out of a tower, basically they got them to hand it over and didn't give them anything at all.

Now in game this is perfectly legal, but the guy is thinking of possible legal action because he had bought the tower on eBay some months back for $600, it had real world value. smile.gif Also because the scammers used ICQ to help in the scam, it can be classed as Wire fraud.

Some freaky stuff coming out of this, like did you know UO Gold now has a better exchange rate then the Italian Lire!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I heard that ebay sold accounts are not that final once sold.It seems that someone sold an account then got back to osi and told some bull about their account being hacked.Osi returned the account to the fraudster as they maintain the the origanal credit card used to open the account is the true owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yep that's correct. OSI are right in doing that, however the muppet that pulled that scam has been done by the cops.

From what I heard he not only gave the account back, he paid for legal fees and is doing community service.

If the deal takes place on eBay your legally bound to honour it. Which is what the guy didn't do.

Dealing in virtual property is scary, as no one will honour it except the buyer and seller (I checked up some time back when I was thinking of selling my account on eBay smile.gif )

Advertisement