Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel - Office XP

Options
  • 29-08-2004 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

I recently formatted, reinstalled excel and tried open a .xls I was using previously, and it asks to enable macros(click yes) then password(input password), then shows this screen untitled.JPG

Afterwards the .xls works fine, but as soon as I close excel and open it again, it installs again.

Any ideas?(and its not just with one .xls file)

Have tried reinstalling office, still same problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Have you tried leaving the Office CD in the drive and then going through the motions with opening the worksheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Could possibly be something to do with "install on first use"
    Did you do a full install or a custom/typical one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Could possibly be something to do with "install on first use"
    Did you do a full install or a custom/typical one?
    Full, both times

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Next time you open Excel, go to Tools -> Add-Ins... and untick everything there.

Try open it again and see what happens....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The good old "install on first time use" can be considered a copy protection system. But it is such an annoyance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

The good old "install on first time use" can be considered a copy protection system. But it is such an annoyance.
    Unfortunately it happens every single time I use the same excel sheet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If the document users features that are still on the CD it will ask for the CD.
    Even if you have the CD you might need to have admin rights to add/remove the relevant bits.

If you don't install from the CD it won't go away.

If you don't have the CD (WHY NOT !!) Try www.openoffice.org instead :D

Advertisement