Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets get another Reunion up in here!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm in on Wednesday for the day, then off on thursday, supposed to be in on friday, but will be in Galway in the RADISSON!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

wat 16th!!! u lucky child. Im back on Wednesday for 2 hours. Y so late when ur going into 6th year surely u shud be going back to school earlier than me??
    My school is special. And expensive. And centrally located. That's why

And in my old school students went back to school in the following order of years: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 4th. Meaning that even if I hadn't moved school, I'd still be going back second last.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭larry

Are you going to the institute?

larry wrote:
    Are you going to the institute?
    Yes. Yes I am. Well spotted

yes very well spotted, i'll see you there

• Advertisement

larry wrote:
    i'll see you there
    O_o

*gets baseball bat*

i'm not really into baseballl, but thanks for the offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Shiney wrote:
    but some go to private school so they have classes until three

What does that mean, Niamh?

P.S. Attend Belvedere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

No, I'm going into 6th year in the Institute

You lucky ****** Barry!

The Institute suppossedly kicks arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

What does that mean, Niamh?

we were talking about having a reunion on saturday but Naomi has school until 1 or 3 (i can't remember) on Saturday cause she goes to a boarding school(but she's not a boarder) and they dont know what to do with the boarders at the weekend so they have classes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I don't start classes until the 16th of September

you wern't in 5th year were you?

anyway yeah i don't start school till the 16th either but i can't go to the reunuion and id much rather be there. anyway have one on the 18th instead or better yet aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

theres something very odd about the vowels in that post...
    anyway, yes the institute goes back later but some classes start at like 8.30am and with the commute into town on top of that, i think id rather be still snuggled up in bed with my school a 15 minute walk away...

you wern't in 5th year were you?
    Nein
    Caoimhe wrote:
    some classes start at like 8.30am and with the commute into town on top of that, i think id rather be still snuggled up in bed with my school a 15 minute walk away...
    Only optional classes start at 8.30. The official hours that you have to be in school are from 09.30 to 15.30. All classes/study outside those times is optional

/me considers "accidentally demolishing" the 2 closest schools to Caoimhe, so as to cause her to get up earlier so she has to face a commute, as I do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well in order to make you feel better I live a mere 8 minutes away from my School which means I can easily wake up at 8:30 in the morning and be in school by 9. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well in order to make you feel better I live a mere 8 minutes away from my School which means I can easily wake up at 8:30 in the morning and be in school by 9. :)

I have that too. It rules. =D I can leave at like... 5 to 9 and be there on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

No, I'm going into 6th year in the Institute

The Institute got me my A1 in Applied Maths.

Though to be precise, it was a mate who could afford to go to the Institute, and who was generous with his notes. Ahem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Still, A1 is an A1

lord how i hated applied maths

I heart Applied Maths. Especially projectiles.

I heart Applied Maths. Especially projectiles.

I heart projectiles. Too bad there's no easy way to do 3D problems involving missiles and wind speed.

I also heart threads that start out mediocre and end up discussing something interesting, like Applied Maths or an invasion of Ireland. Normally whenever I hear the word "reunion", I reach for my revolver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Funny, I'd imagine you'd do that when you heard the words "invasion of Ireland"

article6 wrote:
    I heart projectiles. Too bad there's no easy way to do 3D problems involving missiles and wind speed.
    In the main application of projectiles (field artillery) the error produced by crosswinds is tiny. A larger concern is the earth rotating underneath the shell.
    In applications where windage is a major concern in accuracy (such as ICBMs, or some of the long range artillery currently in development) I'm sure there is some way, most likely involving giant computers

the only thing applied maths was good for was my horrible maths teacher throwing whiteboard markers around the room to illustrate his points and the door opening and the pen hitting the principal. good times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

In the main application of projectiles (field artillery) the error produced by crosswinds is tiny. A larger concern is the earth rotating underneath the shell.
    In applications where windage is a major concern in accuracy (such as ICBMs, or some of the long range artillery currently in development) I'm sure there is some way, most likely involving giant computers

i cant wait for applied maths!!! :D

note:there is absolutely no sarcasm in the above post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

dont think they have it in my school.
    boo-erns is all i can say to that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

its not that great, we have to do it at lunchtime ffs!!!

ColHol wrote:
    its not that great, we have to do it at lunchtime ffs!!!

We had to do it after school, after they turned off the radiators, so "ffs" yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Actually, I decided a while ago I was gonna do an extra subject. turns out theres a guy who lives near me that teaches applied maths so that might be the extra subject. I was gonna do physics but there are some compulsory practicals that has to be done and i'd have class when they're on. well i could do them at lunchtime but nah...
    applied maths methinks.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

If ya like maths, which i do (i know, im wierd), then you'll like app. maths, which i love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Once again showing how completely un geeklike we CTYIers are!
    (I'd do applied maths but the maths teachers in my school are satan. And I'm only in 3rd year.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement