Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet/broadband prices Ireland/Germany

Options
  • 29-08-2004 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

I am paying €30 a month for 180 hours anytime with Esat BT. A friend in Germany is paying €19.99 for ADSL broadband 512k. What a rip off !!! :mad: :mad:

Esat BT could at least have the anytime uncapped. But paying €30 just to use the internet via modem is CRAZY :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

But paying €30 just to use the internet via modem is CRAZY :mad: :mad:
    If it's crazy, why do you do it?

(I'm not trying to be funny - if you're willing to pay €30, then what difference does it make what it costs in Germany?).

By the way, IOL Anytime only costs €26.99, or €22.99 when you bundle it with ESAT Home Phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Comparing the prices of two seperate products is pointless.
    If you want info on the whos and whys of internet access and pricing I suggest you read the IrelandOffline board.
    If you want to compare Irish and other prices then at least compare like for like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

thejollyrodger how much would 180 hours a month on dialup cost in germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Will you lot stop calling everything you "think" is expensive a rip off..

Also, you can get BB with UTV for 29.99 a months... Duh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rom1

I am paying €30 a month for 180 hours anytime with Esat BT
    You can save EUR5/month if you switch to UTVip :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

If it's cheaper in Germany.
    1/ move over there
    or
    2/ sh#t up and live with it

it's like teh sex trade, 30 minutes in Ireland is 120 (AFAIK) for that price in Thailand you'll get (well I think I need a cold shower just thinking about it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Behave gillo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Sorry Typedef.

didn't mean to cause offence; just to get the point across that sometimes things are cheaper elsewhere, it's a fact of live.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

This thread is pointless. We all know dsl is cheaper in every other country bar Ireland. This has been done to death!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

We also know that we earn more here to compensate for services like DSL being more expensive...

• Advertisement
Advertisement