Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruxells off Grafton street

Options
  • 29-08-2004 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Friday night last I ended up in Bruxells off grafton street after work with a few colleagues. Now I normally don't drink there simply because I hate the music but since a few people (who like that music) were going out and invited me along I figured that since I am very new to the company it would be a good idea to go along and "bond" outside of work.

We got on and went down stairs and one of teh lads went up to get the first round, I'd got a pint of "wife beater" (Stella for those who prefere the official name). I thought it tasted a bit on the dodgy side but kept stum. Then after the first roudn when complete I went up to buy the second and ordered the drink, the other three pints were pulled ok, but when the bar man (if you coudl call him that) went to pull the pint of stella, it was unbelievabley gassy to the point that the first time he pulled the pint it was 2/3 head, in teh end he had to empty the massive head out at lest 4 or 5 times. The amazing thing was he then went to hang me the pint which obviously was gonna be of about the same quality as cat pi$$, without enen applogising about it beign gassy.

I was about to say just to give me a pint about something else but figured the whole idea of coming out was to make a good impression with my new colleagues so it would of been stupid to make a scene, if I had been out wiht mates theres no way I would of taken such crap service; so I ended up just paying and drinking the pint.

Now I jsut wondering am I was I unlucky or do they normally treat their customers with such ignorance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Yes.

I'm a regular (for the music) and the I've seen some of the worst service in the world in there. I have to say that a couple of them are grand, but I've sat and watched a couple of people at work in there and wondered why they still have a job.

Drinking in the Voodoo more often now. Staff are much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Don't know if anyone saw "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" where psychopathic media chef Gordon Ramsay went around troubleshooting failing restaurants. In each and every case the problem was that the head chef was not up to the job. In Bruxelles I'm sure they have a head barman and if the rest of them aren't performing it's down to him.

But Bruxelles is not failing. Every time I've been there it's packed. You don't need to be good at what you do if you have a captive market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 b-bops

whats with the name? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

Beer coming out very gassy is usually cos it's too warm comming out of the barrel or cos it's not poured that often, it happens in loads of places day in day out and you very rarely get a barman that will apologise for it. It's usually the owner\manager that is more pissed off as they see all that beer having to go into the drip tray just to get the head right in the pint.
    How much did it cost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea there's one guy there who's a Grade-A Wanker. The one who unplugs the jukebox if/when a song comes on that he doesn't like despite there probably being about €20 worth of songs queued up on it. Dickhead.

And Stella's minging anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

pork99 wrote:
    But Bruxelles is not failing. Every time I've been there it's packed.
    thats because they let anyone over the age of 15 in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

ferdi wrote:
    thats because they let anyone over the age of 15 in.

...plus there's not many places in Dublin where else can you stay drinking until 2am with no admission charge and no stupid questions from the bouncers on the way in (even if you arrive at 1:50am!).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

...plus there's not many places in Dublin where else can you stay drinking until 2am with no admission charge and no stupid questions from the bouncers on the way in (even if you arrive at 1:50am!).

actually had some pretty stupid questions from them last tues week. One of the bouncers took an intense dislike to one of my friends....and we got more ****ing grief from him on the way ou too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

b-bops wrote:
    whats with the name? :p

I like pork. mmmmmmmm pork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

"That's what she said".

Back on topic girls.

• Advertisement
Advertisement