Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT Anytime & going over cap

Options
  • 29-08-2004 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

I have a ESAT 180 hour monthly internet cap. I am now about 175 odd hours and there is a few days until the next month. What exactly happens when you go over the cap, can you not connect until the next month or does Eircon start billing you ?? If so at what price ?

Also isnt €30 a month just for 180 hours very expensive ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Esat (not Eircom) will bill you per minute for any internet calls over the 180 hour limit at local call rates.

Also, the IOL site says that the monthly cost is €26.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

damn, I was 3 or 4 hours over the limit. Looks like they will be sending me a nice bill for it.

Oh, they were charging me €60 every two months on my credit card (months which i was under the limit). So €26.99 is either complete rubbish or I have been getting ripped off.

The 180 limit is a bit restrictive, some people may actually need to be online a lot to work :mad:

Ireland : - €30 a month , 180 hours anytime

Germany : - €19.99 a month, 512k broadband connection (cap unknown)

Rip off ireland or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ERR!

is thgat the only deal you can do with esat?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

Oh, they were charging me €60 every two months on my credit card (months which i was under the limit). So €26.99 is either complete rubbish or I have been getting ripped off.

My Direct Debit last month was reduced to €56.98. It was a complete surprise to me ;-)

Advertisement