Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ass Ruins Olympics

• 29-08-2004 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

Yes even though were a small nation, one of our compatriates has managed to make us the most hated nation to Brazilians and single handed managed to ruin one of the great road races in the workld.

Cornelius "Neil" Horan, a former priest who disrupted last year's British Grand Prix. He was previously jailed for two months following his race track protest at Silverstone.

He was wearing a kilt and a green beret and a white placard with the words "The Grand Prix priest. Israel fulfillment of prophecy says the bible, the second coming is near," on it, was immediately arrested and taken to a police station. A police source said: "The man says he is Irish, he is also drunk. He had been to a taverna earlier. Police are going through his stuff."

Who knows what might of happens if he didn't disrupt the Brazilian runner!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

This fu**ker, i know his sister, she is a local hair dresser. I swear to god what the hell is he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

Sorry Tiptopp,didnt see your earlier post but just like i am embarrased and enraged that this fool was able to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

TIPPTOP wrote:
    one of our compatriates has managed to make us the most hated nation to Brazilians

I'd quite like to see verification of that...

But yeah, what in the hell is this guy thinking... Ass...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yup, that really sucked.

He's a disgrace to the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He's obviously a bit mad (Ted), someone should send him to see a chap in a white coat.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Feckin' Nutball. He's a disgrace alright.

Still, it'd be amusing to see if he tries to pull any crap in Beijing. The chinese authorities won't take too kindly to having their games disrupted by some fire'n'brimstone muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There are at least three threads on this now!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

where does this guy do mass? I'd say it could be quite entertaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

cormie wrote:

Top of Grafton street of a Saturday afternoon, I think..
    :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'm sorry, but everyone seems to be saying that this is a disgrace to Ireland, and that Brazil now hate us!
    Give the country some credit for god sakes, I'm sure they thought "that bloody moron" rather than "that bloody country of which that moron is a citizen".

This man and his rediculous actions have nothing to do with the Irish people, he's a nobody. If he were on the olympic team, fair enough, or a politician, but he's not, hes just an idiot

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

If I was that Brazilian I'd be looking for some assassins-for-hire right about now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

cormie wrote:

haha, i dont think he will be doing it for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

and i was just thinking a few days ago when Paula Radcliff was running that someone could just rugby tackle the person in first place there was no barriers in front of the crowd and only a few officials to stop this :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Can't think the Greek authorities will go light-handed on this - they'll probably "discover" a roll of film on him with shots of airforce bases or something. I for one will applaud if they do.

He should do at least a year for this - probably see men in white coats while he's at it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

he hardly 'Ruined Olympics', just one race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

He is an ordained priest but has been banned from saying mass for quite some time.

To be honest, I found the whole incident after the Grand Prix amusing, even bought his book. Feel sorry for the runner though, he didn't deserve getting mobbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

What a prix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

i'd have given him a sly dig if I was in the crowd today.

That poor Brazilian guy! All he has sacrificed to get to where he did only to have his concentration shattered by looney toon and his kilt of doom.

Raskolnikov's link above http://www.deunantbooks.com/authors/Father_Neil_Horan/page1.html
    has this...

"....into the life of a shy, gentle, genuine yet extraordinary man who is passionate about what he believes to be true, and about sharing his knowledge with others."

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Can't think the Greek authorities will go light-handed on this - they'll probably "discover" a roll of film on him with shots of airforce bases or something. I for one will applaud if they do.

He should do at least a year for this - probably see men in white coats while he's at it though.

MIdnight express????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I think if someone wants to get their message across, there are probably better ways than mobbing someone who has trained hard for something for years, and ruining their chance to win.
    Also, there's no chance that the majority of people are going to take him seriously now. Sure, people have seen what he has to say (twice now) but as demonstrated already in this thread, people just want him in a strait jacket (me included I must say) I'd say his message will get about as far as when Icke claimed to be the son of God...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Ah yes David Icke, the father, the son and the goalie post! :) If the Brazilians get their hands on this guy, he will be crucified!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Gideon wrote:
    he hardly 'Ruined Olympics', just one race.

The last race...the closing spectacle, having said that.

And for the athlete he tackled - he has ruined the Olympics. It's also a somewhat tarnished victory for the man who actually won it as I'm sure he'll always wonder (and be asked) 'What if...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

MIdnight express????

Given his background he might enjoy that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dee mm

Dont want to see that. Twat!! I can think of more to say but hey not going there! Is he worth the breath?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Good job he is from kerry then

Roll on the kerry (mad!?)man jokes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

F*ck you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If he goes to the same police station that a mate of mine went to then it would be more of a physical thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

What happened?? I remember this guy running out during the grand prix, wtf did he do now?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

whats a dumass, if i was running and he pulled a stunt like that, i'd kick the ****e out of him...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Flukey wrote:
    If the Brazilians get their hands on this guy, he will be crucified!

Well Fisichella had his chance at Silverstone.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Irish ex-priest Cornelius ('Neil') Horan was given a 12-month suspended sentence today for disrupting the men’s Olympic marathon in Athens.

Horan, 57, a former Catholic priest living in London, appeared before a Greek judge this morning, local police said.

He was sentenced and released from custody. His current whereabouts are unknown.

Way to go Greece......!!!

I am sure he'll turn up again; unfortunately it will probably be at some other sporting event! :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I was watching this race yesterday with my dad, because he wouldnt change the channel, and I couldnt believe it when it happened!
    I was so pissed at that jerkoff for attacking the brazil runner. He had a 49 second lead on the other runners, really good distance.
    His whole rhythm and concentration was thrown off when that happened and he lost the race because of it.

Sure he got 3rd place and was a really good sport about it, but he deserved first the way he ran that race...it isnt fair at all.
    There should be some kinda of interference rule implemented for such things.

I thought it was an Italian guy since he was in red,white and green and he made way for the Italian to win. So shocked to hear he is an Irish priest :eek: !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

BEAT wrote:
    I thought it was an Italian guy since he was in red,white and green and he made way for the Italian to win. So shocked to hear he is an Irish priest :eek: !!
    He's not. He's an expatriate ex-priest :)
    This is one of those times that McDowell should excercise his right to revoke citizenship. Disown the bastard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

seamus wrote:
    He's not. He's an expatriate ex-priest :)
    This is one of those times that McDowell should excercise his right to revoke citizenship. Disown the bastard.

you know that doesnt sound like a bad idea at all... lets get writing those angry letters, people!

flogen

• Advertisement

Well in fairness, the guy is sick. He needs help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

seamus wrote:
    ..McDowell should excercise his right to revoke citizenship. Disown the bastard.

and if that fails, take away his passport forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

whats a dumass, if i was running and he pulled a stunt like that, i'd kick the ****e out of him...

yes, your legs would be brimming with energy after running 20 miles or so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

sionnach wrote:
    yes, your legs would be brimming with energy after running 20 miles or so :D
    This is no laughing matter you c0ckmonkey faeg

Advertisement