Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish shamed again.

• 29-08-2004 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Did everyone see that f*****g stupid Irish "priest" assaulting the Brazilian marathon athlete? I would have thought he was in a mental home after running out in front of formula 1 cars at the British Grand Prix.
    LAUGHING STOCK is what springs to mind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

wha..? :confused: I didn't see that on tv. what happened fully?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yes, because he was the voice of ireland.

He was a moron, and a suicidal one at that, hopefully he'll get some nice jail time or something.

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I didn't see the incident, but what a totally stupid thing to do. Not a good finish to the games for the Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 swimfan

i no it was disgraceful!

he's supposed to be some sort of a peado aswell so Sky News say anyway! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

the bastard cost the brazilian the gold medal. He was leading when the incident happened. After it, he took a whiel to regaing his rhythm and ended up being overtaken by two other athletes. Thats """"priest"""" should be jailed for at least 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

And by the looks of it he dyes his hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

vorbis wrote:
    the bastard cost the brazilian the gold medal. He was leading when the incident happened. After it, he took a whiel to regaing his rhythm and ended up being overtaken by two other athletes. Thats """"priest"""" should be jailed for at least 6 months.

No he should get one night in jail and the Brazilian should get a 3 hour visiting pass. I would beat the crap out of him if it was me.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

well it looks like he got off very lightly.....didnt he only get a fine or something equally ridiculous!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

well it looks like he got off very lightly.....didnt he only get a fine or something equally ridiculous!?
    He got a one year suspended sentence.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭mackerski

LAUGHING STOCK is what springs to mind.

You know, nutters of all nationalities make fools of themselves with great regularity, so I don't really see that this incident brings shame on "the Irish". It _has_ probably brought a little discredit on lunatic doomsday prophets with a penchant for wearing Irish dancing costumes in public - though I'd imagine that was a somewhat smaller group and well used to public disapproval.

Dermot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Why would any Brazilian want to come to Ireland. After all, we are the country that cost them a gold medal...

All I can say is that he was fine until he went to England...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

yes, lets use that as our excuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Hes that idiot who ran out into the middle of the F1 race at silverstone a year or two ago almost getting himself killed. Hes trying to "preach" about Chirsts second coming apparantly, stupid idiot should be institutionalised.

Hes gonna try it in another event soon id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

total muppet he should be bet with his own ****!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing priest he made a show of the irish people i feel very sorry for the fella who was winning at first

should lock that priest up in the nut house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

He should have his citizenship revoked, or at the very least never get a passport again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Man there must be something horribly wrong with that guy's head. What a nutter. The face of the brazilian fella was horrible. You couldn't not feel bad for him or not hate that gimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

what is it with flipping evangelists telling us the world will end? i mean yeah obviously thats going to happen someday. and i dont mean the riders of the apocalypse.....i mean the sun dying and burning everything in sight...but that is not scheduled for another few million years....so can they just shut their traps?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

what is it with flipping evangelists telling us the world will end? i mean yeah obviously thats going to happen someday. and i dont mean the riders of the apocalypse.....i mean the sun dying and burning everything in sight...but that is not scheduled for another few million years....so can they just shut their traps?!
    From various programs I've watched and what I've read I believe these people are so sad they get comfort from the belief it's all going to end quite shortly.

How sad is that? - lock this guy up and give him happy pills is all I can say on this. Letting him away with a fine was another form of madness imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

yeah i swear some people actually seem to get off on spreading misery and despair by way of thier religious beliefs.yup, i am just slipping further away now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

felt sick and angry about it but not shamed. Cause I don't think the rest of the world would think that being irish well cause someone to that But being Fùcking freak well...

and anyways I'm to much of a shamed of North Ireland and scumbags...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Buried_alive

i dont think you should be concerned about this guy as the whole world might think he's Scottish due to his kilt....

Advertisement