Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Include names of reputation givers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

Well, I got another one after I broke 100. So I'm guessing it goes in 100's.

why dont you all test it by giving me karma and I'll let you know how many points you need :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It amazed me before and it amazes me now that people get concerned about some abstract number that has no effect other than to trigger preset phrases to appear beside your nick.

That said it is slightly easier to identify morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

amp wrote:
    It amazed me before and it amazes me now that people get concerned about some abstract number that has no effect other than to trigger preset phrases to appear beside your nick.

DeVore told me the other day that every 50-100 points adds an inch to your penis.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

keep telling yourself that crash...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I heard that for every 150 points you get another penis.

/nods sagely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Oh... that explains it...
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I don't get that point system at all, I mean what is it all in aid of??? Does it actually MEAN anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I couldnt give a sh!t about karma, I just want more stars...

Ohh how I would love more stars.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

crash_000 wrote:
    DeVore told me the other day that every 50-100 points adds an inch to your penis.

So that's one for you then neil ( or Niall if that is your real name :))

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

amp wrote:

I do not think asking questions about a new feature makes one a moron, maybe if you cared how many points/boxes you had, but wondering how something new works does not a moron make ;)

• Advertisement

There was a link to the vbulletin manual explaining how the reputation system worked in the last big thread on reputation here in the feedback forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

mrhappy42 wrote:
    why dont you all test it by giving me karma and I'll let you know how many points you need :-)

I just got two negative points for this joke...the comments where poor and gave no real underlying reason or argument. Its ironic that this is the whole point of this discussion and those that left the negative karma would do well to read the discussion first before jumping on band wagons.

The entries are listed below. This is a good example of what Karma (in my opinion) is not aimed at. I does not help me or those who provided the karma in anyway.

Include names of reputa... 31-08-2004 01:09 Don't fink so...
    Include names of reputa... 30-08-2004 21:55 you want karma, you got karma

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

BEAT wrote:
    I do not think asking questions about a new feature makes one a moron, maybe if you cared how many points/boxes you had, but wondering how something new works does not a moron make ;)
    I think he's saying that someone with a big red blob (or multiple red blobs) is more likely to be a moron than someone with multiple greens so it's useful as a rough guide. Amp obviously knows his own mind better than I do but I reckon that's what he means.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I just got two negative points for this joke...the comments where poor and gave no real underlying reason or argument.

It's hardly fair, but if you put temptation in peoples way someones gonna do it!

And to Boston (with the rep comment): I'm not that "willem D guy" (I've only got one username (this one) anywhere on the Net (except on any ezboard forums where my global username is sceptre1)). I've too little time on my hands to pretend to be anyone else, even a buxom blonde wench from Sweden, tempting and all as that may be to all of us. Recheck sensors and set to wide angle.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

sceptre wrote:
    I think he's saying that someone with a big red blob (or multiple red blobs) is more likely to be a moron than someone with multiple greens so it's useful as a rough guide. Amp obviously knows his own mind better than I do but I reckon that's what he means.

you may be right i may have misread that..Ampie is such a sweetie pie afterall :)

sceptre wrote:
    Mmmm, indeed. OH NOE, Scary User 47 gave me bad rep points and signed it! I MUST get him back. Oh hang on, it could have been anyone else who just signed it with the name of someone they didn't like.

I feel Hurt sceptre, it was obviously someone else what did the deed.

BEAT wrote:
    you may be right i may have misread that..Ampie is such a sweetie pie afterall :)

Still, I think he'd be better neutered, be abite less humpy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

No such thing as tit-for-tat unless you are both at low levels.

Welcome to Karma wars. :p

Generally pick the people you think might give you negative karma and hit them first, then those who might give you good karma or have high points, give them good karma signed so you have a chance of moving up the ladder.

Treat it like a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm starting to get fed up of people saying that they got negative karma for certain posts. It has caused many thread hijacks and one near miss on PI, at least. If this continues we'll have threads filled with comments coming out of nowhere complaining or lol-ing at karma comments.

I was really excited at the new feature when it was introduced and I learned the tricks on how to get to the top of the ranks. Only Bru stopped me! And I couldn't give her negative karma twice! I did it by neg-repping the users above me, sometimes blaming it on other users (the user above them) and sometimes just writing a funny comment (haha merc). In fact I think I've only given four +karmas out and none of them knew who I was (well, maybe one gold star). It was fun for the four days I did, it my karma whoring, and now I think it's causing glitches in the boards matrix.

Personally, if this rep thing is to stay I would much rather not know who is giving me karma at all as it would be a more honest feedback on how people view your posts on this online intercobweb. As I do like people enjoying my posts.

But I wish we had the option to turn it off if we so wished. Also, I'm going to take a harder stance on thread off-topicness concerning karma points soon on Personal Tissues.

Oh, yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing what karma I get today and tomorrow, particularly after telling merc and Bru (to name only two) that I gave them neg points just to beat them in the karma race. :P

• Advertisement

Feicing hell hobbes thats 17 points you gave me. Just thinking, If I had been a good little boy I'd have over a hundred thousand by now.

Fcuking karma whoring. Lowest of the low.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

And I'm fine, thanks for asking who ever gave me positve/negative (it came in as a neutral) rep points..

BuffyBot wrote:
    And I'm fine, thanks for asking who ever gave me positve/negative (it came in as a neutral) rep points..

That would have been Moi. I allways liek giving you karma for some reason. Makes me think of weird things. O anybody that got Karma about ecksor eating babies, that was me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Somebody give me some negative karma, I feel all left out.

Edit:

Right, I've just figured out how to check my rep status, and some of you bastards have been giving me positive karma. I'll hunt you down like the animals you are.

Boston wrote:
    I feel Hurt sceptre, it was obviously someone else what did the deed.
    Ah my apologies. Hoisted by my own petard. Came in as a neutral anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Boston wrote:
    Still, I think he'd be better neutered, be abite less humpy
    but i like humpy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Can I turn off my reputation?

Please someone tell me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

Tbh I agree. It's getting obsessive by some people. Like post counts are on other forums. People take it to seriously. I've got people pm'ing me with offers to do trades. FFS thats not the point, this is meaningless ****e, I use it to right little witty comments to people, that is it. I like getting comments back, positive or negative karma doesn't matter to moi. Anyway how's life Merc, I've missed your blogs, always a unique view point on things.

Advertisement