Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Include names of reputation givers?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

This anonymous reputation points lark is wrong. If somebody wants to 'card' they should be identifyable - especially as some don't even justify the bad reputation point they give you. There one or two boards here where there is a "popular view" on certain issues and anybody parting from the consensus is some sort of enemy. Only takes a few (anonymous) people acting in unison to ruin your reputation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Oh no! Then you'll have a little red dot instead of a little green dot. How terrible¬! HOW WILL YOU EVER BE ABLE TO POST ON BOARDS AGAIN¬!?"!?"!¬???!"

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

does the *'ing out swear word's not work in the karma, I've had some very nasty comments, with bold words in them, I could be 6 and be crying over it now, sort it out mods

ps, i did ask nicely mr anonymous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

the mods are generally quite quick to ban or threaten to ban people on the boards for numerous things yet when it comes to this issue and the number of problems pointed out about it they see only their own humour? the swearing thing just as one example

i've seen many mods speak as a mod or themselves warning people from unjustified flaming and not being civil while i think the anonymous allows for such on large scale...

and yes it only the boards but again the mods pride civility above all?

awaits neg karma ???

I'm tempted to say something along the lines of "Grow some fucking testicles you whiney little bitches. If you don't like what they have to say (1) ignore them or (2) if they're in any way constructive, think about actually doing what they suggest. It's a goddamned little number that no one pays a jot of attention to. A little number ON THE INTERNET. Move the fuck on already."

But I wont.

• Advertisement

it not the numbers or coloured square. it the anonymous comments!

and you(ie mods) constantly ban people for being uncivil why is this different

and theres mod being all clever now by including the word ****

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I've already banned two users for posting lots of insults in reputation comments.

well ecksor that's a much more reasoned respsone to people queries then the attitude we've gotten off other mods

which has added to our whining

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

O_o. Kold is banned http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=185578

Recent Karma has been for (a) old threads (b) posting a bad pun on Humour :rolleyes: IT HURTS ME NOT!

Yeah Hobbes, it's all your fault.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

chewy wrote:
    well ecksor that's a much more reasoned respsone to people queries then the attitude we've gotten off other mods

The admins are the only ones who can actually do anything about comments though, and I made it clear on one of these threads a while ago that complaints would be entertained. So far that has resulted in 2 bans, 1 warning and 1 rather annoyed poster who didn't feel he had to explain his reasons to me before I'd take any action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Off-topic but reputation related. I had a blue/grey one from 25/08 which had no comment and then at some stage yesterday evening a comment appeared next to it which has since disappeared. Any idea what's going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I had to laugh...
    I helped a guy out, gave him a link, he gave me negative Karma thanking me for my help (Obviously gave me negative by accident).
    Heh heh.

Im with Hobbes on this. (Better with than against the evil bastard! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I hate the moaning from people because they got bad rep, so what. Like any other large group of people not everybody is going to appreicate what someone else says or thinks, why not just sit in a corner and sob "why dont they like me" if you are so worked up about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I dont really care about it TBH

However I did notice that I have a serial "negative" karma giver

How sad are they!

Maybe one of my posts merited negative karma and I know who that is.
    Giving negative karma for a post i made on the "Construction of Dublin-Cork" motorway" and others where my posts were little more than a line or two long is a little sad, but thats life.

I think a user must put in a reason too though to justify the negative karma so it might elliminate those who expolit the funtion

Advertisement