Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or does CM4 cheat ?

Options
  • 30-08-2004 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Anyone get the feeling Cm4 ai is the biggest cheating git in the history of gaming? iv noticed oh so many times now that no matter how good your team is you will ALWAYS lose a good few matches right near the end of the season against teams that in your other games you beat 5-0 but now amazingly you only get 2 shots on target at home vs. 20 of there's this is normally backed up with huge list of injuries bad performances from you former 30 goal wonder man and 1 rival team making a mad dash up the table beating every one on their way.

Oddly this doesn’t apply to the champions league where you can quite happily rape huge teams 6-0 away from home.....Im just pissed off that Liverpool might pip me to the league championship and man united will beat me in the champion league quarter final :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i always notice that in any european games the score is always massive on aggregate..

like when i was liverpool once i beat marseille(yea i know) 14-2 on agg or something..

cm0304 btw.. but still :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Can't say I've seen it cheat like that at all.
    Usually I've run away with the league anyway so the last few games are of no importance.
    I've made clean sweeps of the league a few times so it's not like you always lose games towards the end.

Yeah European games you can have massive aggregate scores. I always seem to hockey Galatasary when I play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

One thing i have always noticed is that if you do really well in the first half of a match, the second half will be completely uneventful for you, or the opposition will score a consolation. (eg win 3/4-0 in first half, finish 3/4-1). Always seem to completely underperform, even when against the crappest non-league teams... infact i would say especially against the crappiest teams.

Also if you take a 2 legged match (CL quals, or Uefa cup) and treat it like i just said, the first leg (half) is often very good against crap teams (high scoring to nil) but the second leg is nearly always (90% of the time for me) a dismal boring match that is often lost 0-1. Doesnt seem to matter whether its home or away.

Dont know if you could classify that as cheating, or some kind of score balancing, or even as the games interpretaion of your teams dismissal of their opponents, but it really bugs me. The best team in the country/europe versus one of the worst teams, shouldnt result in just one good performance and then a loss....

Anyway, cant say i have noticed what you have bizmark. Well not to that extent. There are dud performances now and again but i dont know if they are scripted like that. I have gone the entire season unbeaten before a few times...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Well it worked out in the end won the league champions league super cup and league cup twice in a row now and the Fa cup once then got offered manger of the republic of ireland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

I'm usually running away with the leagues to by the timew the end of season comes around. I think it's built-in to the game design. I've found that if my team plays **** in the league then they always play better in the cups and vice-versa.

It's as if the game chooses which competition your team will best perform in......or to relate to reality - which competition your players are more determined to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Iv found out the cm 4 - 03/04 has a uber flaw that favours strength over ablity which explans why my 4 strikers with finishing flair etc of 20 needs around 25 shots on target to score 1 or 2 goals thankfuly this is ment to have been fixed in fm 2005 (which i have preordered yesterday dont let me down si ! )

Advertisement