Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think those byatches reported me last night.

Options
  • 08-12-1999 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

For those that weren't there.

Myself and Venom where training up fishing. The skill is mind killing boring, so the game turns into IRC with fancy graphics at this stage.

So we are chatting away when someone called "Tears" comes up on a horse and starts taking our fish and shoes we had been digging up.

Somewhat erked that someone so well dressed on a horse has to loot a poor fisherman, so I have some fun.

I look up her guild title and pick another name from her guild at random and go "Hi Tears, this is Flamewind. Any chance of getting a rune to the guildstone?".. Conversation goes on for a little while and she ICQ's the real Flamewind and gets wide to my ruse. She laughs, gives back the stuff and wanders off.

About 20 minutes later another of the same guild shows up, after chatting with her I find out some more about Flamewind, and after a short while Flamewind turns up as well.

At this point Venom finally cured his insomina with the fishing and went to bed.

So I'm chatting with them for a while. When they ask me am I macroing. I say have the fishing part automated but I only do this when people are around as it's so boring. At which point I get dissed from the server.

I ICQ the only person I see online who plays Europa and he says "Naa it's fine". So I try to reconnect a couple more times then disconnect and reconnect the modem and get back on. (they have left at this stage)

For about 10 seconds and the exact same thing happens.

I check my trace route to the server, it's fine but UO refuses to see it.

I disconnect and reconnect again. Watching my trace route and same thing happens as soon as I start to fish.

The guy on ICQ says that GM's can ban your IP From the server making it so you can't see the server which is why I could keep reconnecting.

Somewhat peeved at this stage, I disconnect and reconnect again, only this time soon as I connect I say "LISTEN IF YOU DON'T GIVE IT F'ING OVER I WILL REPORT YOU FOR GM ABUSE".

At which point the game worked fine from then, on. Don't know if it was a GM or not, but seriously suspect if you ask me.

Advertisement