Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to overclock ATI x800 pro Successfully?

Options
  • 30-08-2004 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

I recently just got an ATI x800 pro. I am going to get a watercooling kit for it.

I was just wondering how high it can be overclocked on default voltage?
    What is the best way to do a volt mod on it? Does anyone have any links to guides on the net to do these?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Thanks Mate, just what i was looking for, anyone got any resuults on a x800 pro with watercooling with this mod?? what type of speeds can u expect?

Is there any mod u can do to unlock the 16 pipes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah you can do it but it involves hardmodding it and it's not guarenteed to work.

Just look lon google for hardmodding a x800pro to x800xt guide.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

if you take of your hsf of your x800 pro you will see in the top right hand corner within the square mount around the chip ....you will see 5 small copper dots two on the left and two on the right and one larger one centered at the bottom ...what you have to do is get some conductive paint and join the two on the left to each other it is simular to the athlon xp mod ....you will know if it works when you use ati tool it will show up as 16 active pipelines instead of 12 if you what to this pm me and ill give you a prober step by step run true :eek:

Did you get yours to work dub? If so did it perform the same as an x800xt after the mod and flashed BIOS?

BloodBath

• Advertisement

Could u PM me the details how to do this man, thanx, i would be very interestes in doing this, wont be for a while as my x8000 has gone to ati to be repaired (whoops) :p heheheh

sorry about the spelling

does this mod work on the non-VIVO model of the x800pro? as mine is not the VIVO model.

Thanks for the article dub, i am definitly going to do this mod as soon as i get mu x800 back from ATI, It looks very easy to do, i cant wait

It's easy to do with the right tools. The area is tiny.

It's no big deal though as you can't damage the card unless you don't follow the instructions.

BloodBath

• Advertisement

Is there anyone here that has successfullyn done this mod? Is it worth flashing the bios to an XT? I noticed yesterday the top 3dmark 2003 score was achieved by someone using an x800pro modded to an XT. Pretty nice. Come on ATI i need my card back, hehehe :)

Advertisement