Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal to sign Angulo and Trablesi today

• 30-08-2004 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

from Reuters

Arsenal To Sign Duo Before Transfer Window
    Arsenal are set to complete a double swoop before the transfer windows shuts for Valencia midfielder Miguel Angulo and for Ajax right back Hatem Trabelsil. Arsene Wenger has stated both deals are in progress and it looks like both players will be snapped up before Tuesdays transfer window deadline.

"Miguel Angulo is a player that we are looking at but we are still far from completing a move for him." Wenger said.

"That also looks very short for us now." Wenger said on Trabelsi

Cmon U GUNNERS!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

What's Angulo like? I can't really remember seeing him much. I wouldn't have said that the Arsenal midfield needed an influx of talent.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Link for that news item?

The Angulo one looks very likely now. AFAIK he's a right sided midfielder/forward, I suspect he'll be there as experienced backup for Ljungberg or as an alternative for him in the CL. Not sure where this would leave Pennant unfortunately, I will be happy if Trabelsi signs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Arsenal definitely need to sign another defender of some experience. I'm never confidant when Cygan is in the starting line up. Hopefully Trabelsi signing will ensure that Cygan makes little or no appearances for the club once Campbell returns. Can Trabelsi play at centre back or is he restricted to a full back role?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I've heard he can play at centre-back but then again i'm sure Thierry Henry can play in goal, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be any good at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Well Angulo seems to have agreed a new deal with Valencia. The BBC has it here

Also Arsene Wenger on the official site said that anymore signings are unlikely

I don't mind missing out on Angulo cause the competition for midfield places is high enough. A defender is still needed though IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

trabelsi is superb, arse-n-all will be invincible if the get him(if they're not already)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I here there's a money problem with Trabelsi - he's looking for too high a signing on fee......

Looks like the kitty's gonna stay intact

Advertisement