Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd. Vs Everton (scores possibly)

• 30-08-2004 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

This match kicks off today at 12 , as its a bank holiday in the UK today. Anyone know of any sites streaming audio , video or text commentary ..

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

have a look at the live feeds page HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I was wondering similar. At the mo I'm using skysports.com live update service. Anyone know a better one with regular text/audio commentary??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

The Muppet wrote:
    have a look at the live feeds page HERE

Is it on this? dont want to sign up for no reason! cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

On Five Live! www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Is it on this? dont want to sign up for no reason! cheers!

Not sure if the match is being carried but there is a good list of links to visual and audio feedsand you don't have to sign up to access them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Went to Submarine bar for lunch and caught the 2nd half ...

Result:
    Man Utd. 0 - 0 Everton

Well ... thats a poor result for Utd. , they cannot afford to drop points at home against a mediocre Everton side. Utd. had a fair few chances in the 2nd half , it looked as though Everton were playing for the draw. Smith hit a post as did Scholes , Seemed as though nothing was going for them up front.

There does seem to be an obvious gap in class now between Chelsea and Arsenal and the chasing pack .. Its hard even at this early stage to see the top two messing up and letting other teams back in ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Thats United 7 points behind already. And more importantly not playing well. The break comes at a good time for them, though they could have done with 1 less game this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Very bad result from United, they have to be taking the 3 points from teams like Everton.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Same crap different match, just not cutting enough, scholes and giggs and fletcher were not great at all. Ronaldo played well but was taken off, why I do not know.
    Just no creativity in the team at the moment, not sure if signing rooney would change the attitucde, possibly, but we need it changed in midfield, not up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Interesting match.. Plenty of chances but the finishing was crap.. I am expecting Everton to crumble soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

I am expecting Everton to crumble soon.

i think many people have been getting carried away with all this media talk about everton being doomed and likely for a bottom three finish this season.
    There's at least 4 teams they are definately stronger than and with a great manager behind them they are well capable of a comfortable mid-table finish.

Judging by their performances so far, the media ****e seems to be bringing the best out in the team again, already showing the grit of 2 seasons ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So all it takes is the fans to think that they will do well again and they are ****ed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I had forgotten this match was on.

I didnt see it but it looks like Man U were very unlucky not to get all 3 points. Alex must be fuming inside, perhaps with himself for once, as he realises he doesnt have a squad to match that of Arsenal and the mafia-funded Chelski.

These games will happen in a season, but its not good timing from Man U. Still, its very early days so far, and although Man U fans should be at "condition yellow", it is too early to think about "condition orange" or "red". A couple of more draws though and the alarm bells should start ringing. A 6 pointer coming up is the Man v Liv game on the 20-something of Sept. A draw will suit Liverpool but not Man U, and it will be a good litmus test for both.

As for Everton, they got the rub of the green today and the woodwork. Maybe they will be lucky this season. I think they have a good chance of staying up, but it will be a bottom half finish for them, thats for sure. For a club like Everton with some winning pedigree in the 80's, this is not the standard they should be aiming for. Its ok for a Charlton or indeed a Bolton or a Fulham, but Everton need to establish a 5 year plan to get back into the top-10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Moyes was saying Everton should have had two penos and that Howard made one terrific save and that the game could have gone either way. Didnt see any of it so cant comment.

I s'pose Everton fans should remember that their two wins were against WBA and Palace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

LizardKing wrote:
    Went to Submarine bar for lunch and caught the 2nd half ...

Did the same thing myself, you weren't the guy in the yellow top at the bar going mad every time United missed were you? :)

Anyway, on this evidence United can forget the title, however as usual they probably won't start playing until Christmas etc. etc. 7 points behind Arsenal and Chelsea already though, not going to be easy to make that up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

So all it takes is the fans to think that they will do well again and they are ****ed?

eh,what u talkin bout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Did the same thing myself, you weren't the guy in the yellow top at the bar going mad every time United missed were you? :)

No It wasn't me but I did notice him losin' the head :mad: a few times...

Advertisement