Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scaffold

Options
  • 30-08-2004 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

hi , i recently got a vertical scaffold done on my left ear from my helix to conch.

i havent had any trouble with it untill now. there seems to be a lot of dry blood around the ball on the helix and when i clean it it keeps leaking more blood , this is constantly happening. quite painfull and very annoying.

is this normal? will the blood eventually stop and let the cartillage heal ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sounds like it's been badly done, where did you get pierced?
    It shouldn't be bleeding after more than, say, a day after you got it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

i got it done last monday in snakebite.

seems to be done with now but finding nasty pieces of cartilage in the helix hole.

think ill go into snakebite tommorrow and let them have a look at it

That's unusual, never heard of snakebite fscking things up, was it an apprentice who did it do you know?
    Yeah best to go in and get Rob or Steve to check it out!

an apprentice didnt do it , pretty sure it was steve ( bald english guy ? )

Yeah that's Steve, he's a really good piercer, wonder what happened to your scaffold, do let us know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

i got an invert scaffold done and i had been having problems for about 10 months until i started taking arnica,heals it up nice and good,if that doesnt work,go back to your piercist but cartilage piercings like scaffold do take a good while to heal up but you shouldnt be bleeding

i went in today to get it looked at.

he said it has just being getting irritated and slighly moved when it shouldnt be. mainly due to rolling over during my sleep. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

i roll in my sleep too,took my scaffold about 10 months to heal up but every now and then it still tingles with a bit of pain,give it time

Advertisement