Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy a leather gear knob

Options
  • 30-08-2004 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I want to get a nice leather (maybe with wood or aluminium) gear knob for my car to replace the bit of plastic there, nothing too outrageous looking though.

Any shops around (West) Dublin/Kildare which have a good selection?

Would consider online if from Ireland/UK or Europe if prices much better, but nicer to see in shop before buying.

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Thanks for the bad rep davmigil. I was actually going to post something smart above, then I thought better of it...next time I will just post and be damned.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭davmigil

Well technically you did post it! www.leathergearknobs.ie or something!!! Went to my email. The bad rep was for _not_ leaving it! I suppose you were the only person to reply to the thread ever, so you might get some good rep, maybe, at some time ;o)

ps whats with the picture place holder? Publish and be damned there too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

I have a nice MOMO leather gear knob that I would be willing to part with for a decent price. I'll have to find you the exact model and pic, but it has hardly been used since I have spend the last 8 months working abroad...

Dave

Edit - MOMO Race Air Leather

Race%20Airleather.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

leather gear knob....sounds kinda.....dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

http://www.micksgarage.com/

There is a tab of the left of the page for "Gearknobs" - there is 5 pages of them in here - you might find one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

http://www.micksgarage.com/

There is a tab of the left of the page for "Gearknobs" - there is 5 pages of them in here - you might find one here.

There are a good few leather ones on page 3 and 4 - the site is Irish too so postage wouldnt cost that much.

Thanks everybody:

Is1ldur for resurrecting the thread ;-)
    Mayshine for the offer (close, but not exactly what I am looking for)
    trotter inc for great link - have found what I was looking for there
    and ferdi for...em....nevermind

Green marks all around so

As a matter of interest, Mayshine, how much are you looking for the Momo Race Air Leather?

Googling Momo, I reckon Momo Anatomico in black leather is probably exactly what I am looking for

Momoanatomico.jpg

Any Momo suppliers in Ireland? UK looks the best bet if they ship cheap enough (any recommendations anyone?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

You can have the gear knob for fifty euros if you fancy it

Dave

• Advertisement

A fair enough price, but I'll see if I can get a Momo Anatomico though.

Advertisement