Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Bora : fitting electric windows

Options
  • 30-08-2004 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Im picking up a VW Bora, 1.4 tommorow, afaik its the base model because it doesnt have electric windows. Now normally this would be the kind of thing to force me to go look for another car but im getting fantasic deal on this and i would be a fool to turn it down :)

What im basically wondering is what would be the deal with getting electric windows installed, would the easiest way be to find a crashed bora with the same interior and colour and change out the doors?
    Is it a simple matter of replacing the inside sections of the doors ?

Anyone know anywhere that does this ? any idea of prices ? is it even possible ?
    (also while im asking, does the bora take a standard sized head unit for a cd player? when i was testing her out i forgot to check that)

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Poverty spec VW's strike again. The only reason they ever built up a reputation for reliability was that they never had anything fitted that could go wrong. You could just get replacement doors but what about the wiring? Also, if the doors are from a crashed car, even if they were not touched in the incident, they could still be damaged as modern car design chanels the impact energy right around the car. The reality is that fitting electric windows will more likely be more hassle than its worth. On the stereo front, better news, you might need to get some kind of facia adapter but you should be able to fit a standard fit stereo but there's probably only 2 speakers fitted at best on the poverty model so you'll need to be wiring the rest up for any half decent stereo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 T_D_I

Once had a Bora thought it was a base model,it had elec windows and mirrors!

The radio is no problems slip out the old and any new CD will slip in,and the wiring is play school stuff just 2 plugs and the ariel.

As for fitting elec windows i bought a golf with after factory elec windows,the switches go on a panel which goes in that little storage space over the radio,all very neat and tidy except when you have something in the cup holder its a little awkward,so get them to put the switches to the outside,im not sure of price but i think around 350 - 400 euros,you're better off buying a nice CD player for yo self!

Advertisement