Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving licence qs and carpaint qs

Options
  • 30-08-2004 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

Recently bought a moped, was wondering how I go about getting the <49cc section on my licence added (type M rating I believe)

I have a full car licence , and afaik I can get a prov moped rating put onto this , has anyone done this before ??

I just don't want to get stopped and done for such a silly reason.
    Secondly , My mate recently repaired the wing of his car and gave me the old slightly damaged wing , as i need practice with the air-brush for respryaing mine ,

Now i'm wondering what type of drill bit should I get for taking the coats of paint off (sanded paper bit , metal sander attachment etc) and also how many coats of paint are there on Nissan Micra's (on average) is it 2 primers and 3 coats for non-metallic ??

Thanks in Advance ,

Fionn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

You just need to get the M marked up on the license, passing the car test entitles you to a full M license. As for the spraying, it doesn't matter how many coats were done in the factory, they've got robots, when spraying yourself, very light coats and as many as you have time to do while letting it dry in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Why not use nitromours to get the paint off?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

nice one , thanks
    Fionn

Advertisement